Tennis!

sahyder1

3 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:

It's ridiculous that they don't at this point, nobody wants these never-ending matches. 

Like John McEnroe just pointed out - it doesn't take anything away from the match if it's won on a 5th set tie-break.

Also, why do they start so late on the main courts? 1/1.30pm is pushing it. If they started at around 11.30am, there'd be plenty of time. As it is now, Djokovic-Nadal probably won't finish until tomorrow.

On the contrary, I loved the battle between Federer and Anderson the other day that went into this sort of territory. It's a bit different when it's just two huge servers like Anderson and Isner, but overall I much prefer it this way. It feels a bit cheap winning a 5 set epic on a tiebreak.

I agree it's not ideal but it's quite rare it goes as long as this. It's always when you get two men who's game is entirely based around their serve. McEnroe's suggestion of the 5th being allowed to go to 10-10 or something before a tiebreak would work for me, maybe 12-12 so you can play through a de-facto "sixth set" before settling it this way.

• Like 1

If the final is something like 6-1, 6-2, 6-3 on Sunday, and essentially a non event, I hope they look into changing something.

Hoping it rains now. That way, Djokovic-Nadal can get started in about an hour on centre, and this can finish tomorrow on Court 1, along with the other semi on Centre after the women's match as I don't think that's finishing tonight either.

It would be different if this was a Federer/Nadal/Djokovic/Murray technical contest, but these two are just serving really hard and that's it so it's beyond boring at this point.

There's been one break of serve in 94 games. ONE.