Tennis!

sahyder1

Exits for Delpo and Pliskova mean my projected QF brackets are now one down on each side after today. All the Brits are in action tomorrow along with Nadal, should be a great day of tennis.

Konta has a pretty easy (as easy as it can be at this stage of a Slam anyway) run to the last 8 now, and Pliskova's exit means we are guaranteed an unseeded player into the Quarter Finals in that section of the draw. It's also opened up a little bit for Djokovic in the Mens with Del Potro going out, but Federer still should have to go through Dimitrov and Raonic (who beat him last year) to reach the Semi Finals. Murray is against Fognini who holds a recent win over him but it was on clay, Fognini's best surface by some distance, and the Italian has never been further than this at Wimbledon.

Heather Watson has made a great start on Centre against two-time Aus Open winner Vika Azarenka, up a break at 4-1.

Why did I say anything? I wrote that at 30-30 on Azarenka's serve, a few minutes later it's back on serve because Watson gave up her service game to love with a double fault. :(

Konta is giving Sakkari a spanking (:pervert:)

Sorry, dunno what came over me. This hot weather combined with grunting womens tennis is too much for me, I need a shower.

1 hour ago, Lineker said:

Watson is out.

Pity, it was a good match. If only she'd have called that challenge who knows what would have happened.

28 minutes ago, MDK said:

Konta is giving Sakkari a spanking (:pervert:)

Sorry, dunno what came over me. This hot weather combined with grunting womens tennis is too much for me, I need a shower.

Tracy Austin on commentary legitimately said of Sakkari at one stage "she doesn't have enough tools in her bucket", so you're not the only one today.

Watson played really well, just let down by shot selection at the net every now and then. In truth, she lost because Azarenka was just a bit too good, bit too powerful and she really raised her game after losing the first set.

Konta was majestic, she looks like a real contender and I'm not surprised people are touting her as the favourite. The fact is any one of 10 women could still win this thing and that's wonderful to see.

Fognini is doing well against Murray. I was going to stick a bet on Murray to win 3-1 but I had second thoughts.

2 hours ago, Adam said:

Konta was majestic, she looks like a real contender and I'm not surprised people are touting her as the favourite. The fact is any one of 10 women could still win this thing and that's wonderful to see.

Andy Murray and Jo "Definitely British" Konta winning the men's and women's would be fantastic. 

• Like 1

Watching this on BBC every year is annoying as fuck. It seems 10mins doesn't go by without a switch of channel needed or a "press the red button now to keep watching". Must be a right ball-ache trying to record a full match to watch on delay.

• Like 1