Tennis!

sahyder1

Don't worry guys the Head of the Romanian Tennis Federation has a perfectly reasonable explanation for why Nastase's comments about Serena were not racist!

Take a wild fucking guess as to what it is....

Correct!

"What I know is that he is a very good friend with Yannick Noah and he played many tournaments together with Arthur Ashe [Noah and Ashe are the only black men to win Grand Slam singles titles] - I'm sure he didn't say something wrong."

He has black friends you guys! The defence rests. <_<

Pam Shriver's said when she was a teenager on the tour Nastase would incessantly ask her again and again if she was a virgin whenever he saw her. Basically, it's an utter disgrace that this man is allowed to coach in women's tennis at all, and he needs chucking out of the sport immediately.

I didn't realise Nastase was still around until this weekend. He was always known as a nasty piece of work as a player, so it's no surprise that he's still unpleasant. I hope these incidents shed more light on everything else he's done and result in the correct sanctions being imposed.

• 1 month later...

It's one hell of a comeback. She said unpleasant things back in 1970 in favour of Apartheid and her homophobia was no secret either, but now she's back with a vengeance. Who knows what wacky things she'll say next? It's like a crap spin-off of Kids Say the Darndest Things.

I was gonna say I'd like her to do us all a favour and stop opening her homophobic mouth but, if she keeps this up she'll be completely blacklisted from the entire sport. Every day it's a new nonsense.

My favourite remains that her belief that tennis is now 'full of lesbians' because the young players all started going to parties in the last couple of decades where, presumably, they were turned by the existing lesbians on the tour!?

• 2 weeks later...

Oi, leave Jo alone she's well British :angry:

A nice day of tennis, I ended up watching 9 straight hours of it near enough! Murray, Konta, Watson & Bedene all through, plus got to see Nadal dismantle Millman, plus Wawrinka knocked out and a late win for Ostapenko as well.

Novak and Federer up tomorrow!

• Like 1

Superb bout on Centre between Jo Konta and Donna Vekic here, been at it over 90 minutes now. Konta leads after edging the first set tie-break but is a break down in the second, 3-4.

Not sure about the "cutting edge" commentary however. Such gems in the last half hour include "I'm being told we have flying ants all over Wimbledon!" and asking Kim Clijsters to explain what the "ice towel/ice snakes" are...unsurprisingly they are towels filled with ice! Groundbreaking.