Tennis!

sahyder1

4 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

I think the speed guns are going crazy. Raonic apparently served at 147mph, then two points later served one that was just as strong but clocked at 110mph.

I'm trusting the guns because every first serve always look like they break the sound barrier 

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. That's the best I've ever seen him play, he has earned this trophy and then some.

I couldn't be happier for him. I've welled up at every Slam win, and the Olympics. It doesn't diminish at all as time goes on.

I do wonder how many Slams he'd have won if he hadn't had to face Djokovic or Federer in ten straight finals. He was so clinical today, the pressure of being favourite didn't affect him at all. I hope before he retires he can add at least a few more Slams to his record, finishing up with just three seems like a meagre amount for a player with his talent.

• Lineker unfeatured this topic
  • 1 month later...

Brits are doing quite well as the US Open. Johanna Konta is through to the 4th round. We have three men in the third too (Edmund is on court now vs Isner. He won the first set 6-4, though trails 3-0 in the second). 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

He might actually be able to end the year as world number one as well, somehow.

I think he'd have to win in Vienna and at the Paris Masters, with Djokovic failing to make the final in Paris. Unlikely maybe, but certainly not out of the realms of possibility at the moment.

Ooh also, with Serena now out of the Ladies' Tour Finals Jo Konta is now in the last qualifying spot, but is injured and will be overtaken this week if either Suarez Navarro or Kuznetsova win the Kremlin Cup.

• 3 weeks later...