Tennis!

sahyder1

Are any London folk going this year? I got an evening ticket for about a tenner a few years back, well worth doing just to have a wander about and soak in the atmosphere. Some old ladies gave us their court 1 ticket late on so we watched the McEnroe's play doubles...

1 hour ago, Adam said:

Superb bout on Centre between Jo Konta and Donna Vekic here, been at it over 90 minutes now. Konta leads after edging the first set tie-break but is a break down in the second, 3-4.

Not sure about the "cutting edge" commentary however. Such gems in the last half hour include "I'm being told we have flying ants all over Wimbledon!" and asking Kim Clijsters to explain what the "ice towel/ice snakes" are...unsurprisingly they are towels filled with ice! Groundbreaking.

Heard a great line yesterday about the girl playing Wozniacki, that she hadn't beaten any player in the top 10 - "and hasn't beaten anyone in the top 5, either" - no shit.

They also mentioned how nervous she'd be because of never playing on centre before, and then correcting it a few minutes later to say she'd played Venus a few years ago.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Adam said:

This is tense as anything, Vekic has break point at 6-6 in the decider.

This should have been a quarter final or later. Too good for the second round.

Also this umpire has the smoothest Barry White voice

15 minutes ago, MDK said:

This should have been a quarter final or later. Too good for the second round.

Also this umpire has the smoothest Barry White voice

He's great isn't he?

You'd not complain if this was the final, been an absolutely excellent match and neither of these two players deserve to lose. I'm on edge, it's only Round 2 an all!

8 minutes ago, MDK said:

Stonking match. when the ump says "Love" I feel it. And Murray is up next, not a bad afternoon.

I didn't need to know that.

Not like that :P

I need a break now, but Andy Murray is on his way out so guess I'll have to stick with it.

7 minutes ago, Adam said:

Not like that :P

I need a break now, but Andy Murray is on his way out so guess I'll have to stick with it.

Ah bugger, I haven't been paying attention to Murray and I had no idea he was playing Brown. I don't want to cheer against him :( 

• Like 1

• Admin
2 hours ago, Adam said:

Superb bout on Centre between Jo Konta and Donna Vekic here, been at it over 90 minutes now. Konta leads after edging the first set tie-break but is a break down in the second, 3-4.

Not sure about the "cutting edge" commentary however. Such gems in the last half hour include "I'm being told we have flying ants all over Wimbledon!" and asking Kim Clijsters to explain what the "ice towel/ice snakes" are...unsurprisingly they are towels filled with ice! Groundbreaking.

You missed Pat Cash on 5live venturing into skin colour.

Kvitova is out unfortunately, great effort by her to even be here. People were touting her as a favourite and I really did think it was too soon, but she was the one I thought could bugger up my Quarter Final projections.

For anyone interested, which I'm sure is nobody, my projections were:

MEN:

Murray v Tsonga
Nadal v Cilic
Raonic v Federer
Thiem v Del Potro

WOMEN:

Muguruza v Radwanska
Pliskova v Vandeweghe
Cibulkova v Svitolina
Konta v Halep

I believe all 16 of those competitors are still in the tournament as of tonight. Be some really tasty match-ups if these pan out. And yes, I'm predicting Delpo to knock Djokovic out in Round 3.

Anyone seen the horrific injury suffered by Bethanie Mattek-Sands earlier today? She ran into the net for a return and her knee just buckled, she crumpled in a heap and then started screaming for help. Horrendous to watch, she's most likely torn a ligament. Her and Lucie Safarova were the Doubles top seeds looking to win a fourth consecutive Slam title.