Tennis!

sahyder1

Just now, Rooney! said:

It's definitely challenging Konta/Vekic for my favourite women's match of the tournament. Nadal/Muller was something else last night though!

I forgot about the Vekic match. Nadal/Muller was probably the best match so far now you mention it, its just that I missed the first two sets.

I really think Konta has a chance to win the whole thing.

• Like 1

The mental fortitude Konta shows in all these big moments is amazing to see, especially as she used to be the exact opposite. Andy Murray has taken years off my life with his tendency toward moaning/misery during tough spells in a match. I can't wait to see her against Venus now, two great servers on grass going for it.

Murray/Querrey followed by Federer/Raonic on Centre tomorrow. Should be a cracker!

7 minutes ago, Rooney! said:

Andy Murray has taken years off my life with his tendency toward moaning/misery during tough spells in a match

He's Scottish. Its in his nature. 

• Like 1

I've been looking at the men's quarter final draw, and it's interesting to note that Marin Cilic is the youngest player at the age of 28. Apart from Sam Querrey, who's 29, all the others are aged 30 or over. There are some very good young players around, so it's a testament to how good this generation of players has been.

• Like 1

Murray is doing his level best to chuck this away. A break up at 4-3 in the second and he lost three straight games to drop the set, now he chucked a break serving for the third set at 5-4. 5-6 now and he needs to really pick up his game. In all honesty he should be on the verge of victory by now.