Tennis!

sahyder1

I'd put Wawrinka as the slight favourite now, but it's a very exciting match on paper. You're looking at two very capable players who have won two Grand Slams apiece and who both scraped through their opening matches before building solid momentum through the tournament. They look to be fairly evenly matched on clay, and I think it will come down to who gets the better start and who comes through the pivotal points.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Bobfoc said:

All that talk about the winner of the Murray/Wawrinka match being fresher than Djokovic for the final could go out the window now. This is a hard-fought affair, whereas Djokovic is breezing through.

Murray wins it in four sets and advances to face Novak in the final.

Aside from the lapse in the fourth set, that was a very good performance from Murray. He'll need another on Sunday, but, for now, I'll appreciate the fact that Murray has now reached the final of all four Grand Slams. That's a seriously impressive achievement that the likes of Sampras, McEnroe and Connors never replicated.

• Like 1

• Admin
53 minutes ago, Rocky Horror Szumi Show said:

That seems very harsh considering the fact the panel concluded she wasn't trying to cheat when taking the substance. I can see her appeal getting it reduced significantly.

She's already filed an appeal to CAS. It'll get reduced.

• 2 weeks later...

The global travelling, I think. He took up a place at the USTA instead so he could stay settled with his family.

I think the new deal is that he joins him for the big events, no more than 15-16 weeks of the year, and Delgado remains Murray's main coach the rest of the time.

I'm really pleased for Willis because it's not as if he was handed a free wildcard spot in the draw just because he's British. He had to go through six qualifying rounds to make the first round, and now he'll go away with at least $50,000 and, in all likelihood, a dream match with Roger Federer.

• Like 1