Tennis!

sahyder1

• 4 months later...

Has anyone been watching the French Open? Rafa Nadal has just been destroyed by Novak Djokovic, only his second ever defeat at the French Open in 11 years. Andy Murray looks likely to meet Novak in the semis, though he has just conceded the break up that he had in the third set against David Ferrer.

I really enjoyed the Federer-Wawrinka bout yesterday, Stan was best from start to finish and thorougly deserved the win.

Djokovic is looking imperious at the moment. I'd be very surprised to see anyone else win the tournament now. I'd like to see Tsonga make the final because I enjoy watching him play, and a home favourite is always fun. Tsonga vs Murray would be my ideal scenario, but I have a feeling we'll see Wawrinka vs Djokovic instead.

Yeah I cannot see anyone stopping Djokovic.

Murray is about to throw the third set, poor collapse by him here and means he has to go through at least another set which does him no favours if he wants to be fully ready for Novak.

I'm not sure about the seedings question, but the point at which Djokovic and Murray could meet would depend on the draw. Either of the top two seeds can meet either of the third and fourth seeds in the semi-finals, and there's a similar system for all the other seeds as well. If Murray is seeded third, he could still face Djokovic in the final, but if he's seeded second, he definitely wouldn't be able to play him before that point.

Cannot believe how well Wawrinka played this week. I know he has it in him but it didn't look like anyone was capable of stopping Djokovic. Amazing achievement.

Wimbledon retains its seeding system of basing it on past performances as well as the current seeding, as far as I know. Hard to call whether or not Murray would be a top 2 seed, but if he's still below Federer in the world rankings I wouldn't call it likely that he would be seeded higher than 3rd.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been a good first day this, I'm currently watching Nishikori trying to stay ahead in the 5th against Bolelili. Hewitt lost in an epic final set, Liam Broady came from two sets down to win his first ever Slam match and Nick Kyrgios threatened to stop playing his match over a dubious line call.