Tennis!

sahyder1

I just like Djokovic, he's a great talent, so I want to see him win. Maybe I'm just a glory hunter. :shifty:

Not saying I have anything against Murray, he's earned his win, I just prefer Djokovic.

Amazing. What a day. Counting the Henman years I've waited for that moment for 15 years of watching the sport. It's always great to see someone fulfill their dream and today Andy Murray fulfilled not only his but an entire nations. My grandad wasn't even alive when Fred Perry last won Wimbledon. They didn't even play in shorts in those days!

Massive achievement, I'm so pleased for him. We were jumping around the living room like loons when he finally won it and I was almost in tears watching him celebrate. Great stuff.

He represents himself, it's not the Olympics.

And I'm not British and prefer Djokovic, quite simply.

Just baffles me as to why, as a neutral, you would want the favourite to win and not want to see someone new to win Wimbledon.

I've always thought that seems to be the case with tennis crowds, they'll always cheer Federer or whoever as he decimates some unseeded child, which offends all my football crowd sensibilities.

I don't think the particular sport has anything to do with it. More that there's a hefty dose of British 'underdog' mentality involved, which not everyone in the world shares to the same extent.

Alternatively, perhaps the tendency of British tennis crowds to cheer on Federer decimations of unknowns is the marvel of celebrity more than anything else. A bit like an old school jobber match.

Laura Robson up to a career high 27th in the WTA rankings, which also makes her the highest ranked teenager in the World. Can see her cracking the top 20 before/during the US Open.

BBC One ‏@BBCOne

A peak audience of 17.3 million people watched as Andy Murray was crowned #Wimbledon champion yesterday - the biggest TV moment of the year.

After all those years backing Henman to win, and ultimately failing, there was no way I wasn't going to back Murray too.

I'm confident he'll go on to win 2 or 3 more Wimbledon titles in future.

But backing Henman was just a thing. He was never going to win, because, well, he wasn't very good. Murray was a legitimate contender.