10 minutes ago, David Marrio said:

Why do I have a week 15 game then. 

Consolation bracket. Those ranked 5-8 are in the runner up bracket, myself included. I guess that's technically a playoff, but it's not the one that matters.

Well, I guess it's consoling to know that even if I had gotten our division's playoff spot, I would have been destroyed by Berober's 180 points!

And Slogger lost with a 98 point effort after dominating all season. Fantasy football is weird.

I'm glad I didn't make the playoffs, if only because Beckham getting suspended for the championship game would have made my head explode. 

Not sure how I feel about my arch-nemesis probably winning the league title though. :shifty: 

On 22/12/2015 at 13:31, HC said:

Well, I guess it's consoling to know that even if I had gotten our division's playoff spot, I would have been destroyed by Berober's 180 points!

And Slogger lost with a 98 point effort after dominating all season. Fantasy football is weird.

Disgusting. Lost my #1 pick halfway through and still dominated... But I did say I was due for the other shoe to drop.

But to lose to the guy that I beat by the same score that I lost by the week prior is just so blood boiling... Lost 3 out of 4 Semi-Finals, Including the EWB IDP league to fucking Plubby after dominating that league all year.

But congrats to HBK for winning when it counted and good luck this week, Thanks to HC for running this thing and to everyone else for drafting and taking part.

• Like 1

I completely understand where you're coming from, Slogger. For the reason you stated, I was so sure that I wasn't going to make it past you to get to the championship. Like HC said, fantasy football is weird.

But Berober's team is stacked. I'm going to need another miracle to take home the crown... I might as well take this time to thank HC for being the awesome Commish that he is. And to everybody else for being great league-mates. I love being apart of this league. Win or lose. I can't wait for next season.

• Like 2

Yeah, another solid game for Crabtree is always welcome. Only really sweating on Watson in my lineup, but I kept thinking today was Sunday, so I should have that covered :P

Cheers HC, hopefully I can add a defense of the FF crown to the defense of the FB crown!

• Like 1

Aww thanks guys! :wub:

I think my major mistake this year was going QB so early (which I usually don't do). I majorly overestimated Luck's impact and the 7 point TD value, which lead to me taking him over WR or RB. Thankfully Carson Palmer bailed me out, although losing that wasted 4th rounder on KB didn't help. Also, god bless Gary Barnidge. :P

It's been a fun year and I want to thank everyone for being active managers of their squads all season (except for EddieG. BAD EddieG!) 

Best of luck to Berober and HBK tomorrow!

My biggest disappointments with my team came largely from CJ Anderson and Ameer Abdullah. Abduallah had a great first game, and that was it. CJ Anderson just....ugh. What a waste of a draft pick, considering who was available at the time. At least Woodhead was a solid #2 guy. Greg Olsen did amazingly well, too. 

When I took Carolina's defense, it was largely based on the fact that the rest of the division's offense was largely lacking; I had no idea it would perform so well. My dad's old strategy was to take the opponent's defense of whoever Tampa Bay was playing that week, and I basically adapted it. 

I really lucked out by the lack of injuries to my big players; with 12 teams, it really is a house of cards, but most of my success in the second half of the season boiled down to pure luck. I'm amazed nobody else tried to pick up West when Jamaal Lewis got hurt. 

Given what was available during the draft, I'll stand by most of choices. 

Well, that's another season in the books and our champion this year is Berober, after his dominant victory over HBK in the finals. Here is your digital styrofoam championship!

Spoiler

il_fullxfull.733049284_3oaz.jpg

Everything game is pretty much callable at this point, so the final standings barring a miracle Monday Night are:

1) Berober
2) HBK
3) Slogger
4) Forbes
5) Mick
6) HC
7) DavidMarrio
8) Munky
9) DFF
10) JamesEwing
11) Thrilla
12) EddieG

Again, thanks for the fun season guys. Hope to see everyone back next year, where I will surely regain my B-league crown over this transitional champion!

Side-note: I have no idea what happened to the first post with the draft results and all!