Football Manager 2016

Benji

1 hour ago, Big Hairy Man Face said:

7 games in as Fulham, top of the league. Never ever happens.

Played Wolves, Dembele gets injured, out for 5 months.

Fuck that.

I signed him for Spurs just so I could sing theres only two Moussa Dembele's

Dunno how I've done it but I'm top of League Two after 25 games, only conceded 12, scored 33, only lost 2 and currently 17 games unbeaten. This without my two star players (Cox and Simpson), a leftback and at one point only 1 keeper.

Haven't played FM in a while and almost bought '16 this weekend. Decided against it after looking at my FM15 saved games. Still got my Everton one going and just finished off my 4th season with a PL, CL and FA Cup treble.

Four titles in four seasons now, so I was hoping to move on,  especially as the Bayern and Barca jobs just came up. Bayern offered me an interview but went for, out of football for a year after failing at Arsenal, Jurgen Klopp. Barca are 'flattered' by my interest, so I fully expect them to hire Brendan Rodgers shortly.

Looks like I may have to stay another season at Everton and go for 5 in a row, but first there's the World Cup to enjoy with England.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Finally got everything installed; started a game with Spurs and am installing facepacks, kits etc.

Someone tell me what skin to use.

Foreskin.

Oh wait.

The alternate skin that comes with the game is what I use, I find it a bit easier on the eye. I did see some nice ones in the steam workshop. YACS2 (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=617617527) looks nice but I can't get used to anything other than the default ones.

• Like 1

How do you get the best out of a lone striker? I'm struggling to get anyone scoring regularly. Most of my goals come from midfield. Its not like my striker isn't playing well, usually about 6.9, but rarely scoring. Chances are created, but nobody can finish :@

1 minute ago, Benji said:

Get a better striker.

I've never had luck with a lone striker in FM unless he's strongly supported by two winged AMs.

In fact, almost all my formations tend to be permutations of a 4-3-3 now I think about it.

I've got a false 9 and two inside forwards up front. The IF's score quite a bit but you'd expect Jay Simpson ((H)) to score a few more. Still, nearly won League 2.