Football Manager 2016

Benji

I think he doesn't like us very much in real life :(  Or maybe just McClaren. Although then Steve Gibson called him a fool so maybe it's us by proxy too now.

"My time at Middlesbrough was sheer hell," Maccarone said. "The so-called wonderful Steve McClaren is the most hypocritical and two-faced person I have ever had the misfortune to meet. Only in England could they appoint someone with such obvious limitations to become the national coach."

Where he was getting the opinion that McClaren was wonderful is what I want to know.

When you move stadium, do you keep your current training and youth setup when you move?

Anyway, I'm having quite a good game as Spurs. After almost having a player mutiny for the whole of the first season I still managed to finish second in the league. I even managed to get some decent games out of Jesse Lingaard who I bought in. Second season has started well too.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

So of the news article titles are a bit eh. Beat Newcastle 6-1, article is Nefarious Newcastle!

Nefarious doesn't seem like a good word there.

nefarious
nɪˈfɛːrɪəs/
adjective
  1. (typically of an action or activity) wicked or criminal.
    "the nefarious activities of the organized-crime syndicates"

Sounds like their defence was pretty criminal

• Like 1

Ooh, this game pisses me off sometimes. I made a bid for Vardy and they wanted something like 28mil, so I sack that off. Then I check to see where he has gone at the beginning of the season and he's gone to Newcastle. For 7mil. Fuckers.

8 minutes ago, MDK said:

Ooh, this game pisses me off sometimes. I made a bid for Vardy and they wanted something like 28mil, so I sack that off. Then I check to see where he has gone at the beginning of the season and he's gone to Newcastle. For 7mil. Fuckers.

Not Nefarious Newcastle :o

• Like 6

I've had that happen to me too. Not even for big name guys. I'd see someone I liked and his value would be like $700,000, so I'd offer $750,000 and they'd come back with a counter offer of $18 million. Screw that. Check back later and he's been sold for like $800,000. I would've happily paid the extra $50,000 if they didn't go nuts with their original counter offer. :/

• Like 1

On 2/24/2016 at 15:15, Meacon said:

I've had that happen to me too. Not even for big name guys. I'd see someone I liked and his value would be like $700,000, so I'd offer $750,000 and they'd come back with a counter offer of $18 million. Screw that. Check back later and he's been sold for like $800,000. I would've happily paid the extra $50,000 if they didn't go nuts with their original counter offer. :/

It happens all the time. I've had to splash out 25mil for Jordan Henderson.

I've brought the 4-3-2-1 and the 4-3-1-2 back into fashion in my game! No wingers! All middle! Possession play!