Football Manager 2016

Benji

Mine is post winter transfers, so he's gone at the start of my save, and took over after LVG retired having won the league. End of the second season and most of the top teams have changed manager at least once, barring Spurs and Liverpool (surprisingly both Newcastle and Sunderland have kept their managers as well). Rafa is at Arsenal, having succeeded the retiring Wenger. Frank De Boer took over from Hiddink (who also retired) but got sacked after finishing 3rd and winning nothing but the Community Shield.

Hasselbaink took over at Leicester whilst Brendan Rodgers finds himself at West Brom. Pep lasted all of 283 days at Man City.

I really wish there was an option to tell your reserve keeper that he will be the cup keeper for the season.

Also, I hate having to strengthen my team at the end of the season. I'm never patient enough and always go for the first players I find. Since I'm Orient and have no money I obviously have to rely on free transfers and loans.

For some reason in my game AVB and Brendan Rodgers became managers of Man Utd and Man City respectively at around the same time...and HAVE NEVER LEFT. It's been over 10 years now. This seems unnatural in FM.

I don't think Rodgers would have survived 10 years at City in real life with his trophy haul either: 2 x Premier League titles, 2 x FA Cup, 1 x League Cup, 1 x Europa League. Good by most clubs' standards, but probably not City. AVB's is pretty similar: 2 x Premier League, 2 x FA Cup, 1 x Champions League.

Jose pissed off to manage Germany in 2016. He then went back to Inter Milan for a bit and then managed Belgium until retirement in 2026.

Brown trousers time at the moment. Fist half of the season I was battling relegation in League One and second half of the season I've hulked up, went on a 16 game unbeaten run and now 2 points away from a playoff place with 2 games to go.

Oh, and the FA Cup semi final had two games being played at Wembley at the same time. Very crowded in midfield.

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

Rolling contract?

Similar kind of thing happened when I was having a Gibraltar game. The chairman was also the left back and his contract ran out, it was a rolling contract. For giggles I should have left contract talks up to the chairman to see what would happen.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Benji said:

Thinking more than a season ahead when outside the top flight? You're mad!

Hey, I'm ten games into the season, I'm top, scored the most goals, my two strikers are actually scoring (!) and I've got some good young players.

And to make sure these players stay I put in an optional contract extension. Heh.

• Like 1

Oh it begins. Now my star midfield genius doesn't like to play for my star defender and captain Mattieu Mr Orient Baudry. And my star striker Jay Simpson is feeling pressured by the interest shown in him from... Willington fucking Phoenix. Really. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Benji said:

I told you not to plan ahead!

Well fuck you.

All three of my players that can play right mid/wing are injured. One of them even said he was considering retiring because of a recurrent injury (first I've ever seen this, nicenotnice). I hope Leicester fuck it up, Mr Jinx :@

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Benji said:

I've not got my hopes up for exactly that reason :/

I didn't mean it baby, you know I love you. I want Leicester to win as well, we all say stupid stuff in the heat of the moment.