Football Manager 2016

Benji

Anyone else get sentimental about players? Dean Cox is still pretty good at the level we are at now but I know I could get someone better. But he is loved by the club, is deputy captain and I personally love him. I want to wait until he's had ten seasons with us so I can give him a testimonial.

Uh, I'd usually go for about 90%, but my current team is mediocre mid-table Premier League with the exception of my striker, who is one of the best in the world. So I'll usually play him no matter what. He's my best player by some distance even when he's exhausted.

Most of my first team sound like commands.

Steve? Cook (I'm hungry)
Will? Packwood (Need firewood)
Ryan? Hedges (Do the gardening)
Jack? Payne (I like it rough)
Dean? Cox (err, hang on)

• Like 1

Hobo's crazy FM 15 career trajectory: Vancouver Whitecaps -> NYFC -> Chelsea.

Also, holy crap are there a number of players here on stupid contracts who have never played. See James McCarthy who has made 1 league appearance and is on 130K a week in two years.

This game pisses me off sometimes.

Me: I would like the youth training updated a bit
Board: We would rather you sign young players
Me: Oh, okay. How about some more scouts?
Board: We would rather develop our own players
Me: Oh fuck off

3 hours ago, TLHobo said:

Hobo's crazy FM 15 career trajectory: Vancouver Whitecaps -> NYFC -> Chelsea.

Also, holy crap are there a number of players here on stupid contracts who have never played. See James McCarthy who has made 1 league appearance and is on 130K a week in two years.

Good, I thought it was just me that gets screwed when it came to stupid wage demands >_>

Started a game with Derby. Won the Championship first year, won the Premier League the second year. I think I broke the game.

Ive been playing the game 20 years and never managed anything quite like that.

• Like 1

I've won the Premier League once in 16 years of playing CM/FM, and it took me an almighty 18 seasons in one 01/02 save to do that with West Ham, having started at Donny in the Conference.

Needless to say I am very much a journeyman average FM player.

For once I've actually made some quality signings that have worked for the start of the season! I actually took time to scout, I actually let players go on a free, I even sold Jay Simpson (I really wanted to keep him but he isn't as good as he was :() and I'm second in The Championship after 11 games with 20 points. Still I'm aiming for 50 points to not get relegated. 

And I never used to take contracts seriously but now I make sure I get the best deal for me. No yearly raise, optional contract extension and pay them as little as possible >_>

• Like 1