Football Manager 2016

Benji

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

Ha, the Guardian have done a piece on FC Santa Claus

Finding out that Santa Claus has a football team is a bit like finding out that Jamaica has a bobsled team. Given the nature of Lapland, it would be easy to dismiss the club as another gimmick. But when we made a once-in-a-lifetime trip to the Arctic Circle to film the above documentary, we found a proper football club – one rich with history and character.

FC Santa Claus, who were formed after the amalgamation of Rovaniemen Reipas and Rovaniemen Lappi in 1993, play in the Kakkonen, the third tier of Finnish football. In the Baltic tundra of deepest, darkest Finland, it takes more than a competent football side to fill the 4,000-capacity Keskuskentta stadium.

The players, fans and natives are endlessly illuminating, with a typical Scandi sense of humour that is charming and jovial, a perfect contrast to their cold and surreal environment. This is Christmas ground-zero, where nobody’s naughty and everybody’s nice.

• Like 1

This game is so realistic...Troy Deeney, 18 in 34, 13 in 32, 15 in 34 and 14 in 24 (as of mid-March) for Watford, all in the Premier League and he hasn't had one England call-up or cap. Harry Kane's record is 18 in 37, 10 in 35, 14 in 32 and 10 in 25 but in the same time, he has picked up over 40 caps. Big(ger) club bias exists!

• Like 1

Actually managing to get Rooney to score goals in this save. Playing a 4-2-3-1 with one of the midfielders at CDM or a 4-4-fucking2 with the left midfielder as a winger being the only change, and the AMR as an Advanced Playmaker. Depay (usually at AML, Inside Forward) has 7 goals, Kane 6, Mata and Martial 5 and Rooney 4 at the end of October. Which ain't bad.

It's the same order for assists as well.

I'm on course for my first ever relegation. After guiding AFC Wimbledon to the Premier League, I just can't buy a win. After 28 games, I've got 3 wins and even if I play decently, I can't score. Fortunately I'm only 18th and Reading one point above me are also awful so I'm hoping that keeps up.

EDIT: Literally after clicking post, West Ham trounced Arsenal 4-1 and obviously Fulham got a good result and now I'm 20th.

7 minutes ago, TMM said:

I'm on course for my first ever relegation. After guiding AFC Wimbledon to the Premier League, I just can't buy a win. After 28 games, I've got 3 wins and even if I play decently, I can't score. Fortunately I'm only 18th and Reading one point above me are also awful so I'm hoping that keeps up.

EDIT: Literally after clicking post, West Ham trounced Arsenal 4-1 and obviously Fulham got a good result and now I'm 20th.

If you resign it doesn't count!

Just now, Noah said:

If you resign it doesn't count!

In a weird way, I kinda would like to go down. I ended up with (what I thought was) a decent squad, so it could be interesting to see which players I'd be able to keep and see how I get on. Although this all assumes I don't get sacked...