Better Call Saul

Sousa

They're easily like number one and two for me. They bring their own stories to the table but they're both so incredibly well-written and nuanced that they could flip flop between one and two forever (for me), until something better comes along. 

• 6 months later...

So I'm a fair way behind with the show, but we just finished watching episode 5 of season 3 where Jimmy and Chuck meet in court and Chuck has a meltdown and fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck what an amazing episode and final scene. Unbelievably good. That's how you deliver a payoff to a long-term storyline.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is not a surprising spoiler but (season 6 cast)

Spoiler

It's been confirmed Jesse and Walt will be in season 6 of BCS. 

Spoiler

It is always a pleasure seeing the Kettlemans (mostly Betsy) being put in their place. 

And I never thought that Kim would become the driving force behind Jimmy going full-Saul this season. Can't wait to see their plan backfire spectacularly.

Also nice touch showing us Saul's home getting raided. A bit of a disappointment though that we didn't get a black-and-white present-day-prelude like we usually do for the first episode. Although I'm sure that they will still get to that in a future episode. 

Edited by Hellraiser
  • Like 1

It's wishful thinking, but

Spoiler

my hope is that Mike's grown attached to Nacho and will find some way to take care of him - not like that - perhaps setting Nacho up with a new identity somewhere as well. The only shitty thing is that since Robert Forster's passed we can't have the Disappearer in an episode. :( (though that isn't necessarily a barrier, creative shooting & editing could hide a stand-in, etc)

I just don't want Nacho to die :(

I can't overstate how much I appreciate the pacing of the final season so far, which is totally in keeping with everything they've done before, but I think there's always the fear that the road to the end can be patchy. 

The slow burn has always been one of my favourite things about the show and I enjoy episodes like this week as much as I do the much flashier episode 3. I really hope they can keep this up, it's completely gripping and absorbing. 

• Like 1

Spoiler

The moment Lalo showed up and I realized who the woman at the bar was my heart stopped and it did not start again until the credits hit.

Spoiler's for this week's episode obvi

• Like 4