Better Call Saul

Sousa

Kind of paints Hamlin in a new light, based on his interaction with Kim and giving her the reason he won't work with Jimmy, it just makes it seem like he's been playing the fall guy for Chuck for years. I mean he might not really like Jimmy regardless, but I can't imagine he'd be as opposed to working with him after he brought such a case to them if it wasn't for Chuck saying not to.

I'm pretty sure he takes the deal with HHM. For those wondering, the preview for the next episode tends to indicate that he's done with it. This also gives him money to really get started, since he returned the Kettlecash.

As much as I wish Jimmy would take the case to another firm, I don't think he's gonna do that. And I've expected this from Chuck for the last several episodes. His demeanor whenever Saul would talk about lawyering sort of gave me the feeling that he was never fully committed to the idea. Damn you, Chuck. After all Jimmy has done for you.

It was great seeing Trevor on the episode too. He definitely deserves more work.

What makes it even worse is he has seen first hand how hard Jimmy has been working, and he's even had to have Jimmy point out to him why there was a case at all because he himself had missed it when looking at the documents.

But the thought that Jimmy is a faux-lawyer has buried so deep in his brain that no matter what Jimmy does, Chuck just can't accept that Jimmy finds success without putting in the work Chuck did. It's a very sad state of affairs and I'm sure it's a major catalyst to what sets Jimmy down the dark Saul path.

• Like 2

I'm guessing we're getting all the changes in the next episode, complete with new office and name change. I'm wondering Mike's daughter works for the nursing home, leading to Mike getting involved and joining forces with Jimmy again. If they can round it off with Jimmy, as Saul, beating his brother in caught in some other case that would be golden.

Ugh....I hate reading the Reddit thread bitching out the finale so far. This show isn't Breaking Bad, and even if it gets close, it takes more than a season. The finale has been fine.