41 minutes ago, Benji said:

Disregard, just realised you said ALMOST Chapter 15.

Yeah, key to that part is stealth kill as many as you can before you're spotted.

Honestly, the most luck I had during the particularlty difficult zone (in Chapter 13?) was just to leg it as far as I could and hope I reach a checkpoint before I'm blown to smitherines.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love Chloe lots and lots. Mmmm Claudia Black.

Anyway, I'm pretty certain I've nearly finished Uncharted 4. It's been visually staggering. Stunningly beautiful at times and I've just stood or spun the camera a bit to take in the views. Also some of the set pieces are cool and the conversations (particularly in the car with Sully and Sam) are interesting and fun.....................................................But at other times it's reeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaally boring.....And tropey. So many boxes, half-broken ladders, pulling each other up, having to take the "long way round". Sadly it could have been half as long and been a much better game for it.

Where would you rank it in the series? I've not played it yet, I always struggle to decide which was the best between the first and second games, but I genuinely don't remember half of number 3 :(

The first three I'd rank as 2, 3, 1 in that order.

A lot of people have negative stuff to say about 3 and the disjointed nature. I moaned about how all the time you would delve into a long-forgotten cave without being spotted and yet when you came out again there would be dozens of bad guys waiting for you. That felt cheap but some of the stuff was wonderful cinematics (aeroplane, parachuting into the desert, the desert itself, being drugged in the marketplace etc). I didn't like the fantastical elements of the first one. Number 2 was definitely the best.

This one will either be above or below 3. I'm not including the Vita game as it felt really different.

Oh the way you can complete numerous bits with baddies stealthily is a really welcome addition. Love that.

Yeah 4 is a bit cliched but so is the whole series really, so I didn't really mind.

As far as order goes, I'd go 2, 4, 3, 1. I think 1 was more of a tech demo for what was to come than anything and they peaked at 2. Unbelievable series though with a fitting ending.

A fantastic game series with some of the most cinematic, breathtaking setpieces I've ever played, some at times frustrating gunplay and some pretty great humour, great characters, and gorgeous scenery.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Merry Kaneymas said:

A fantastic game series with some of the most cinematic, breathtaking setpieces I've ever played, some at times frustrating gunplay and some pretty great humour, great characters, and gorgeous scenery.

That's a great summary!

I downloaded the new update with the Horde mode the other day. Anyone want to give that a go soon?

I finished the game at 2am and then had to sit through the credits and then play the stupid epilogue when all I wanted to do was sleep but I didn't want to miss out on any easy collectibles or stuff. Nggggh.

Definitely need to replay in cel shaded or 8bit mode for a little while.