WWE 2K17

Hellraiser

Those days are definitely gone. The money is in releasing yearly roster updates, with a simple barebones featured game mode along with a marquee "gameplay improvement" that was likely removed 2 years prior. Market the shit out of it with a snappy brand name and sell everyone "DLC" that pre-loaded on the disc and along other simple updates in the future. 

All that = $$$. Just wait until they find a way to include an Ultimate/MYTeam like mode. Then you'll have a stockmarket simulator that shits money instead of any new features!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TCO said:

Those days are definitely gone. The money is in releasing yearly roster updates, with a simple barebones featured game mode along with a marquee "gameplay improvement" that was likely removed 2 years prior. Market the shit out of it with a snappy brand name and sell everyone "DLC" that pre-loaded on the disc and along other simple updates in the future. 

All that = $$$. Just wait until they find a way to include an Ultimate/MYTeam like mode. Then you'll have a stockmarket simulator that shits money instead of any new features!

This post, and the state of WWE gaming  just made me sad. :(:(:(

• 2 weeks later...

Unless I completely missed it I don't see an in game tutorial so I have no idea why my guy keeps randomly rolling out of the ring during Triple Threat Matches and I don't know how to make that bar increase to get up faster lost like my first 3 Triple Threat Matches because of that. 

I don't own the game, only played it once in fact, but your guy rolls out of the ring to recover energy in a multi-man match and it is to better simulate the 'real' dynamic of such a match. In a wrestling triple threat / fatal 4 way, you'll never have all participants duking it out together in the ring apart from at the start.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Drock007 said:

Unless I completely missed it I don't see an in game tutorial so I have no idea why my guy keeps randomly rolling out of the ring during Triple Threat Matches and I don't know how to make that bar increase to get up faster lost like my first 3 Triple Threat Matches because of that. 

You cannot control when your character rolls out of the ring. You suffer damage and roll out to allow the action inside the ring to continue. It makes for more realistic and enjoyable multi-man matches in the game.

As far as the bar goes, don't press any buttons. Let it fill up on its own. At a certain point, you can stop the bar because you've recovered enough... but only do that if you need to get back in to break up a pin or whatever. If you have the time, allow the bar to refill completely.

• Like 1

I used to groan every time I was forced to compete in a triple threat or fatal four way match.  You had to hit a finisher, then throw the other one or two guys out of the ring and pin the guy you hit your finisher on quickly.  No time to even drag the person you hit your finisher on to the middle of the ring so if they landed close to the ropes, you were likely to get fucked by the rope break.  If one of the other people reversed out your Irish whip or clothesline attempt, you were fucked, etc.

It was just such a chore.  The automatic roll-outs are way better.  I'm sad it wasn't this way back when Championship Scramble was first put into the game, it was impossible for the champion to ever get pinned because the CPU stupidly kept breaking up the count.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Busch Strowman said:

I used to groan every time I was forced to compete in a triple threat or fatal four way match.  You had to hit a finisher, then throw the other one or two guys out of the ring and pin the guy you hit your finisher on quickly.  No time to even drag the person you hit your finisher on to the middle of the ring so if they landed close to the ropes, you were likely to get fucked by the rope break.  If one of the other people reversed out your Irish whip or clothesline attempt, you were fucked, etc.

It was just such a chore.  The automatic roll-outs are way better.  I'm sad it wasn't this way back when Championship Scramble was first put into the game, it was impossible for the champion to ever get pinned because the CPU stupidly kept breaking up the count.

The Scramble match isn't in 2k17 is it? I'm surprised they took it out, such a fun match.

• 1 month later...

Man, some of us bought this on a whim to play on PS4, and the controls are just terrible. Like, I hated when they changed to analogue sticks, but at least it felt like it was varied. I feel like I spend most of the time spamming square, using L1 to do misc. stuff, and O for pin. Like, it's fun for a chaotic game with mates, but that's about as far as I think I'll play it.

How do you challenge for a title in this God damned game? I've been #1 Contender in NXT for what seems like months, finally got into a feud with the current champion & the feud ends in what seemed like less than a week.

My character has an Overall of 95 & was on a hot streak up until it was championship feud time. Half the time it seems like this game isn't actually difficult, just designed for you to fail if you don't follow an invisible game plan.

Edited by Lj.

They really need to fix community creations. I have a difficult time getting it to connect to begin with, and then when it does, it seems like the filters are wonky as shit. Search for hashtags: Yano and NJPW and I get a bunch of results that have nothing to do with either.

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/08/2017 at 19:26, Drock007 said:

If I buy the season pass does it come with all the DLC? or do I still have to buy some DLC separately

?

All except the NXT one IIRC. If you're looking to play online though, I wouldn't bother. Connection to games is awful, and it'll close in less than a year if the usual 2K sports tradition is anything to go by.

I picked up the game again digitally on sale with the season's pass included (no NXT pack), with the intention of just downloading a fuck ton of wrestlers/arenas and running a couple of different Universe modes.

Turns out, that was a bad idea, because I can barely stay connected long enough to the 2k servers to get any real downloading done.

I'm trying to mod my WWE 2K17. It's somewhat working. Managed to get Hulk Hogan, CM Punk and some others into the game... but Rob Van Dam breaks the game (even though he walks past in the menus sometimes?) and Apollo Crews has vanished without a trace.

I got it working... and in typical Universe Mode fashion, Vince McMahon just defeated Undertaker at WrestleMania, and won the WWE championship :D 

Downloading has been a bit better today... so I am setting up a WCW Universe, with my rule being that I stop before 1994 when adding wrestlers or shows. Just ran a tournament to crown the first WCW World Heavyweight Champion, and Ric Flair '88 came out on top. I tried to take Dusty Rhodes out in the semi-finals with Sting '88, but the Dream got the better of me and I lost that match. After escaping the Figure Four in the finals, Rhodes managed to hit me with the Bionic Elbow, but I kicked out. Both guys were fatigued and low on counters, so it became a ridiculous back and forth until I reversed a second Elbow, took him down by the legs and caught him in the Figure Four again for the win.

Sometimes these matches can be so rewarding. I had a great time with that.

With the DLC characters and a few CAW's, my WCW roster is at exactly 32, so I have three divisions with 8 participants/teams.. perfect for tournaments. I'll probably keep adding guys to the roster though, and slowly incorporating some of the WWF legends in as well.

• Like 1