WWE 2K17

Hellraiser

27 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

That Okada looks great. Are you uploading him to CC?

Most likely once I've finished his attire and moves, yes. Trying to replicate his trunks with the limited logos in the game is frustrating, because like fuck am I spending all day in Photoshop. I plan to do a few NJ guys, because other than a really great Tanahashi, the quality on CC is terrible for them.

Attire progress:

16684055_1862420030680369_53947416558948

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/30/2017 at 11:59, Gabriel said:

I asked the same, but didn't get an answer really. After playing it a bit, I'd say it's pretty solid. It sucks that you still can't have vacant championships when you start it up, but it seems pretty fun. I haven't made it to a PPV yet, but even guys that aren't in storylines seem to be involved. For instance, I had Samoa Joe and Brock Lesnar meet up randomly on RAW, despite them not being in rivalries at all, and they've been involved with each other for the two shows after as well. I never really got into Universe prior to this though, so it's hard to say really.

You can have vacated championships, I'm playing on PC and all I had to do was pick it for a show, give it to someone, then go into said show and press square to vacate.

• 4 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Avenged said:

2K18 announced and its main mode features the Undertaker and the streak. He's on the cover too.

The rest of the news about the game had better be more interesting than this. I like 2k17, but unless they do a major overhaul on Universe, or make career mode less of the same thing over and over again, there's no reason for me to buy 2k18, aside from the fact that I love wrestling. But there's a new Fire Pro game coming for PS4 this year too, so really, I'm probably okay to skip 2k's.

This is also indicative of the WWE's major problem of not being able to rest the company on the shoulders of current day stars. Feeling the need to continually push retired or part-time workers over their full-time guys is not a good way to build up those full-time guys to be able to draw and pop crowds when they get old and broken down. If they're concerned that current stars aren't over enough to sell the game, the problem is more that they aren't doing enough to really create new stars. We can talk about AJ Styles and Kevin Owens all day and claim that WWE is making an effort to change, but whenever one of those geriatric crowd favorites or sideshow attraction wants to come back around, the Styles' and Owens' are the ones who suffer for it long-term, because the WWE Universe won't buy them as legitimate stars, as much as they should if the company wants to avoid losing ground in the future.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Avenged said:

2K18 announced and its main mode features the Undertaker and the streak. He's on the cover too.

Ooooh! Good choice, that. Have you got a link for this or anything? Can't seem to find it anywhere, but I am a bit useless.