WWE 2K17

Hellraiser

In my Universe news, I moved the Club to SmackDown to be with AJ because I didn't have immediate plans for him and now I do(Club vs Arn Anderson/Larry Zbyzsko feud? :w00t:). I moved Mojo to Raw to be with Ryder and Aries to Raw as well because NXT has too many top stars and he'd get lost in the shuffle(feud with Bulldog over the European title maybe). Tye stays in NXT for now.

My spouse has picked this up for me for my birthday, but I won't be able to play until tomorrow. Career seems like it's still a grind from what I've read, but I hear that Universe is quite good.

Couple of questions though. Is it possible to set a belt to be vacant prior to starting, or do I have to do my regular thing and run an exhibition tournament to decide who starts with each belt? Is it easier to set up and get going than previous years? What are some of the good and bad things about this year's Universe mode?

Well, I finally lost a match.  Cesaro and Sheamus vs Gallows and Anderson.  Was using Gallows and completely beat Cesaro to a pulp.  But he kicked out of practically everything, earning a signature in the process.  Uppercut.  Neutralizer.  I lose because I've never even had a pinfall attempt against me and it didn't appear the kickout meter responded to me pressing the X button.

Just had my first "fuck this game" moment. I just lost the Universal title with Finn Balor to Kofi Kingston at Hell in a Cell (with no build-up rivalry, mind) because the fucking stupid AI didn't register my comeback move so he hit the Trouble in Paradise while I was busy spamming triangle to get it to fucking work. Urgh. I honestly want to scrap the entire game I had going now.

• Like 1

My number one request for 2K moving forward is something to allow players to record their own voice saying the names of created wrestlers. For introduction purposes.

Either that, or 2k should just go through and add 50-100 first, last and gimmick names from each different region. A guy like Tommaso Ciampa, I can understand having to fudge his play by play name... but common Japanese names not being in seems a little bit of an oversight.

I personally don't care how they address the issue as long as they address it at some point.

I just had a brutal Elimination Chamber match where Nick Jackson, controlled by the CPU, defeated me (Katsuyori Shibata), Hirooki Goto, Shane Thorne, Hiroshi Tanahashi and Jay Lethal. I had eliminated Thorne with the Octopus Stretch, and was gearing up for a Penalty Kick to Goto when Lethal came out of nowhere with a Running Cutter and pinned me.

On 1/21/2017 at 13:04, Nerf said:

Just had my first "fuck this game" moment. I just lost the Universal title with Finn Balor to Kofi Kingston at Hell in a Cell (with no build-up rivalry, mind) because the fucking stupid AI didn't register my comeback move so he hit the Trouble in Paradise while I was busy spamming triangle to get it to fucking work. Urgh. I honestly want to scrap the entire game I had going now.

At least Kofi finally won a world title.

I'm having a hard time figuring out rivalries in career. I'm in a rivalry with John Cena... I call him out, he gets the best of me on the mic slightly... and then I absolutely destroy him in a match... then it says that I lost the rivalry and it's over after one week. Do I just keep calling him out if I want to take his title?

This game is frustrating as shit sometimes. When I do a mid match run in, what the fuck are the controls? I keep searching google and getting results for how to initiate the run in during Universe mode. I'm supposed to help Rusev win this god damn match, and I can't just find a listing of what the controls are. I even went to their website and checked the manual and it isn't there. 2K is also stupid, because choosing Canada for the manual gives you the manual in our second language of French. Never mind the dominant English that most of us are looking for.

11 hours ago, BuddyAwesome said:

On PS4 you click the touch pad and it'll open a menu of what buttons do what. 

Tried that, didn't work either.

Has anybody tried setting up the game on two separate accounts on your system? I was thinking maybe I could get around the Downloaded Superstars limit by focusing on current day guys in one account, and then playing the game with legends specifically on the other. Just wondered if it worked that each account gets 100 slots.

22 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

I thought the normal procedure would be for Cena to call you out and claim that the result didn't count, and that you weren't a real man until you faced him again. Then he beats you and you spend the next few months doing nothing of note.

Fine speech.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, LarsLars said:

The Royal Rumble made me want to play a WWE Game. How is Universe mode in this one?

I asked the same, but didn't get an answer really. After playing it a bit, I'd say it's pretty solid. It sucks that you still can't have vacant championships when you start it up, but it seems pretty fun. I haven't made it to a PPV yet, but even guys that aren't in storylines seem to be involved. For instance, I had Samoa Joe and Brock Lesnar meet up randomly on RAW, despite them not being in rivalries at all, and they've been involved with each other for the two shows after as well. I never really got into Universe prior to this though, so it's hard to say really.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Inspired by New Legacy I decided to grab this on sale and do a completely random brand split, with women being assigned to both shows. This is what I came up with so far:

1. RAW
    1. Kofi Kingston
    2. Viktor
    3. Goldberg
    4. Bo Dallas
    5. Lince Dorado
    6. Daniel Bryan
    8. Titus O'Neil
    9. Mark Henry
    10. Xavier Woods
    11. Big Show
    12. Big Cass
    13. Erick Roawn
    14. The Rock
    15. Rusev
    16. Kurt Angle
    17. Sami Zayn
    18. Goldust
    19. Braun Strowman
    20. Chad Gable
    21. Konnor
    22. Neville
    23. Jey Uso
    24. Dolph Ziggler
    25. John Cena
    26. Chris Jericho
    27. The Miz
    28. Rhyno
    29. Seth Rollins
    30. Heath Slater
    31. Tyler Breeze
    32. Dash Wilder
  2. Smackdown!
    1. Finn Balor
    2. Dean Ambrose
    3. Luke Harper
    4. Bray Wyatt
    5. Roman Reigns
    6. Jason Jordan
    7. Brian Kendrick
    8. Johnny Mundo
    9. Enzo Amore
    10. Luke Gallows
    11. Cesaro
    12. Tyson Kidd
    13. Scott Dawson
    14. Kevin Owens
    15. Edge
    16. Jimmy Uso
    17. AJ Styles
    18. Baron Corbin
    19. Curtis Azel
    20. Kenny Omega
    21. Zack Ryder
    22. Christian
    23. Sheamus
    24. Brock Lesnar
    25. Randy Orton
    26. Jack Swagger
    27. Darren Young
    28. Karl Anderson
    29. Kalisto
    30. Big E
    31. Sin Cara

And from there I created 3 random tag teams on each side. RAW got Kurt Angle/Rusev, Zayn/Big Show and Rollins/Wilder. Smackdown got Balor/Wyatt, Kidd/Cara and Harper/Edge. Going to finish setting it up - maybe adding more downloaded wrestlers when my limit resets tomorrow and start it up. Maybe toss in a 3 person faction each as well.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, New Year New Srar! said:

So in career do you actually get a title shot if you win the Royal Rumble? I feel like I have been at this career forever and still not title shots :( 

I was feeling the same way, and then I kept calling out John Cena until I ended up with a shot at his US Title, even though I was ranked something like fourth or fifth. So, just keep trying to antagonize whatever champion you're after.

Same as last year, I really don't like career. Fun at first, but I don't understand how the feuds work. I've been calling out Seth for weeks wanting a US title match, and I'll face him at the PPV, but it's always non-title and even if I win the match it says I lose the feud.