FiFa 17

METALMAN

Some of the new attacking/off the ball controls look really good, in theory at least. The new ways of shooting (keeping hard shots low/heading and volleying downwards) plus the set piece changes (altering your standing position on a free kick and having a marker in the box where you're sending your set piece instead of guessing, then sending players running in that direction) have me quite excited.

But yeah, the stuff you mentioned needs to happen but they don't seem in any rush because they make so much money off the game and UT. 

17 minutes ago, MDK said:

Scenarios or stamina? I've got 16 and I see no scenarios and stamina doesn't seem to matter

Scenarios.

It may have not been in this year, but there were definitely weekly challenges on 15 along the lines of what you described that drew parallels with real life games. So, for example, IRL Spurs lose 2-1 to Arsenal, the challenge that week could have been "There's fifteen minutes left, can you overturn the deficit and come back to win 3-2?"

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Nerf said:

Scenarios.

It may have not been in this year, but there were definitely weekly challenges on 15 along the lines of what you described that drew parallels with real life games. So, for example, IRL Spurs lose 2-1 to Arsenal, the challenge that week could have been "There's fifteen minutes left, can you overturn the deficit and come back to win 3-2?"

I vaguely remember that.

Extreme mode: You, Brazil, are 5-0 down at half time >_>

I remember the scenarios from an earlier game as well, I think you got different levels of EAFC coins as a reward depending on the level of difficulty you chose.

It's probably been around since then but I tend to ignore the EAFC stuff these days.

54 minutes ago, Nerf said:

Scenarios.

Actually this rings a bell, but I traded FIFA in back in April so I'm not surprised I don't remember :P

A mate has been playing the beta and says it's the best FIFA he's played so that's a good thing.

He did point to a new shielding mechanic that seems a bit overpowered at the moment though, with players like Sterling effortlessly holding up the ball like they're giants whilst the defender, who's much bigger, can't do anything. I hope this doesn't become a problem as I already think the balance is far too in favour of the attacking team as it is.

Penalties have also been changed because why not, I guess. He says they are practically fully manual now, and the stick is very sensitive to placement. He dragged his first 3 wide in practice. If you hit the corner, you deserve to score now as it's not as easy as it was before, apparently.