Crazy Shit in Videogames

JasonM

I've played through chapter 1 of MGS5 and whilst I love the series thoroughly, never at one point have I really felt 'into' the story going on. Whereas MGS4 was overkill on the cutscenes, MGS5 felt very much the opposite and I never really got the feeling that there was something major going on that had to be stopped. It's just lacking in my opinion, and 3 is still the best in the series with none of the others coming close.

Anyways, going back to the topic of crazy shit in games. One game that completely is 'WTF-able' is ' Akiba'strip '. From the onset it's just another Japanese Beat-Em-Up + RPG game with vampires and other weird animu topics. Then you realize the main game feature is that you defeat your enemies by stripping them down to their skivvies to make them dissolve into thin air. It's basically 'Bra and Panties match' the game. And the crazy thing is, it's a pretty damn fun game too if you're into weird anime-esque beat em up's.

• Like 1

Not so much crazy shit but unexpected. In GTAIV, in The Lost and the Damned, when you see the guys penis. I wasn't shocked by the fact it was a penis, I have seen them before and I even have one, but I was shocked that they put it in a video game. I did not see that coming, hehe.

And if we are talking about crazy stuff, lets include glitches. I love glitches in FIFA where you see someone get booted halfway across the field. It happened once in FIFA 15/16, I was playing online and kicked the ball or whatever and it booted the opposition across the field.

8 minutes ago, Benji said:

The only thing I disliked was the Snake fakeout.

Snakeout, if you will.

• Like 3

I wasn't even that bothered by having to play as Raiden, and that's a way that I'm more inclined to feel in hindsight. The lengthy codec conversations with Rose about domestic issues were admittedly things to be endured, and his whinging was, at times, insufferable, but I felt that, as the game progressed and his true backstory was revealed, he became a much more interesting character. Also, as much as I like playing as Snake, seeing him through the eyes of another character added a nice touch and, in my opinion, was a good way of accentuating his journey from a government tool blindly following orders to a more self-motivated fighter doing things on his own terms.

• Like 1

MGSV was a fantastic game on its own right but it never felt once like a proper metal gear game. And the twist in the end was really shit in my opinion. Worse than the MGS2 snakeout.

• Like 2

On 10/6/2016 at 12:36, Just Joe said:

If you love bad voice acting then this site is for you http://www.audioatrocities.com/

Oh man, Chaos Wars is on there. You guys have got to listen to some clips from that game. I stumbled onto it through YouTube comments and watched some clips of it and it's fucking amazing how bad it is.

On 10/6/2016 at 14:30, MechaKanezilla said:

MGSV was a fantastic game on its own right but it never felt once like a proper metal gear game. And the twist in the end was really shit in my opinion. Worse than the MGS2 snakeout.

Eh, to be fair when you know the lore of the series it made sense, with Lil Liquid and the events of Metal Gear 1 in mind.