WWE 2K18

Kyle

To me the two biggest "surprise" omissions were Andrade Almas and James Ellsworth, and even with the latter I kinda understand not putting him in since he's really a manager more than he is a wrestler.

Almas though is a head-scratcher.  On a game that has such a heavy NXT presence to not have a guy who's been on pretty much every Takeover is a surprise.

Guessing the Future Stars pack they do every year will be:  Almas, Black, Ruby, Elias, and maybe Heavy Machinery.  Probably no Drew though since he signed later on.

4 minutes ago, Busch Strowman said:

To me the two biggest "surprise" omissions were Andrade Almas and James Ellsworth, and even with the latter I kinda understand not putting him in since he's really a manager more than he is a wrestler.

Almas though is a head-scratcher.  On a game that has such a heavy NXT presence to not have a guy who's been on pretty much every Takeover is a surprise.

Guessing the Future Stars pack they do every year will be:  Almas, Black, Ruby, Elias, and maybe Heavy Machinery.  Probably no Drew though since he signed later on.

Drew signed in April, that's enough time to put him in the game, I imagine. They probably left Almas out just so they could fill up the DLC pack.

DLC is often planned in advance.  I'm just going off of memory here but I really can't remember any instances of people debuting past the week after Mania and still being included as DLC.  Even the year they put Nexus in as DLC they clearly were basing them on their time on the original NXT show, they just added armbands to them.

Supposedly there won't be a HOF Showcase DLC pack since they've already got Angle as the pre-order bonus and guys like DDP and Rude are in.  But that could mean more packs.  Something like this:

Future Stars:
Aleister Black
Andrade Almas
Elias Samson
Otis Dozovic
Ruby Riot
Tucker Knight

205 Live Pack:
Ariya Daivari
Drew Gulak
Lince Dorado
Mustafa Ali
Tony Nese

UK Pack:
Mark Andrews
Pete Dunne
Trent Seven
Tyler Bate
Wolfgang

Forklift at the Hardy Compound Pack:
Jeff Hardy
Matt Hardy
Ricky Morton
Robert Gibson

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Busch Strowman said:

DLC is often planned in advance.  I'm just going off of memory here but I really can't remember any instances of people debuting past the week after Mania and still being included as DLC. 

Anderson and Gallows. Sure, they signed in January but still didn't debut until April 11th, the week after 'Mania. That's just a technicality, really.

Also, weirdly, Arn Anderson is not in... yet Larry Zbyszko is, even though they were in as The Enforcers in 2K17. Straaaange. Maybe they've missed out a couple from the roster reveal that are still in the game for whatever reason? I dunno, that seems unlikely. Maaaaybe a Four Horseman DLC pack?

EDIT: Wasn't there supposed to be 'well over 200' wrestlers in the game, as well? They wouldn't include DLC in that stat, would they?

Also no Brian Pillman!!! Maybe no Mr. McMahon either?

I doubt we'll get the UK guys in there, as surreal as it would be to play as PETER in one of these games. I'm surprised Drew Gulak didn't make it when other Cruiserweights, including ones that didn't debut on 205 Live until later, like Akira Tozawa and Gran Metallik  did, and Tyson Kidd and Christian still being in is a bit silly.

Hopefully Ruby Riot or Drew Gulak will make it in, I want the weirdness of people I worked with making it into a video game (aside from Tatanka, obvs), and want them to get that sweet video game dollar.

9 minutes ago, Owen said:

Anderson and Gallows. Sure, they signed in January but still didn't debut until April 11th, the week after 'Mania. That's just a technicality, really.

Also, weirdly, Arn Anderson is not in... yet Larry Zbyszko is, even though they were in as The Enforcers in 2K17. Straaaange. Maybe they've missed out a couple from the roster reveal that are still in the game for whatever reason? I dunno, that seems unlikely. Maaaaybe a Four Horseman DLC pack?

EDIT: Wasn't there supposed to be 'well over 200' wrestlers in the game, as well? They wouldn't include DLC in that stat, would they?

Also no Brian Pillman!!!

Pretty sure Larry is in, based on this site;

https://www.thesmackdownhotel.com/wwe2k18/roster/

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Skummy said:

I doubt we'll get the UK guys in there, as surreal as it would be to play as PETER in one of these games. I'm surprised Drew Gulak didn't make it when other Cruiserweights, including ones that didn't debut on 205 Live until later, like Akira Tozawa and Gran Metallik  did, and Tyson Kidd and Christian still being in is a bit silly.

Hopefully Ruby Riot or Drew Gulak will make it in, I want the weirdness of people I worked with making it into a video game (aside from Tatanka, obvs), and want them to get that sweet video game dollar.

Pretty sure Larry is in, based on this site;

https://www.thesmackdownhotel.com/wwe2k18/roster/

Yeah, Larry Zbyszko is in, but Arn is not. Generally they just recycle the models from last year, which is why I thought it was odd that Arn was not in because they were in as The Enforcers last year! :) 

New Age Outlaws, Honky Tonk Man, Roddy Piper and Sgt Slaughter have also not made it into the 2K18 roster. Shame!

Ah shit, sorry, misread your point and got it the other way around. No Arn sucks under the circumstances, then. No offence to Larry, but I know who I'd rather have.

I know it's because they put the most recent Hall of Fame classes in, but you end up with the maddest selection of "legends" in these games. No Hogan, but you get Brutus Beefcake. No Bruno, but you get Larry. No Steve Austin, but you get The Godfather. No LOD, but you get the Bushwhackers. And so on.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Skummy said:

Ah shit, sorry, misread your point and got it the other way around. No Arn sucks under the circumstances, then. No offence to Larry, but I know who I'd rather have.

I know it's because they put the most recent Hall of Fame classes in, but you end up with the maddest selection of "legends" in these games. No Hogan, but you get Brutus Beefcake. No Bruno, but you get Larry. No Steve Austin, but you get The Godfather. No LOD, but you get the Bushwhackers. And so on.

Wait... Stone Cold isn't in it? Oh, there's no way this is the final roster, then. There's no way they'd leave out Steve Austin. I refuse to believe that! That's ridiculous!!

EDIT: Austin is in. Latest roster reveal. The SmackDown Hotel just hasn't updated their roster page since the most recent reveal. I wouldn't be surprised if they cut a few guys just because they wanted to add them as later DLC because they knew people would buy it, or they were cut because they couldn't get their models looking good with the new lighting engine and whatnot. 

This is a list of the guys/girls who aren't in the game, who were last year:

Albert
Alberto Del Rio
Arn Anderson
Austin Aries
Billy Gunn
Blake
Jack Swagger
Brian Pillman
D-Von Dudley
Bubba Ray Dudley
Mr. McMahon
Murphy
Road Dogg
Simon Gotch
Stardust
Eva Marie

Also announced on their forums - women in the game will have weight options.

• Like 1

I could see Vince being in but they just forgot to announce him for whatever reason.  He's been playable in nearly every game of the series.

Arn's a head scratcher.  Not only does he still work for WWE but he's a HOFer.  I thought for sure they'd keep rolling HOFers in year over year hence guys like the Bushwhackers, Rikishi, and Fujinami keep making it in.

20 minutes ago, Busch Strowman said:

I could see Vince being in but they just forgot to announce him for whatever reason.  He's been playable in nearly every game of the series.

I feel like they didn't announce him maybe last year or the year before, and he was still playable. This will probably be the same situation.

I have a feeling we might get some DLC stable packs. Four Horsemen, DX and maybe nWo DLC. That might explain why they removed some of the names from the roster.

I really feel like at some point they should just cut down on the legends on one of these games. Like, stick with guys like Rock and Austin. But I mean, is anyone really clamoring to play as Larry Zbyszko or Typhoon or Tatsumi Fujinami or Jimmy Garvin at the expense of current guys.

Like I'm about a hundred times more likely to use a James Ellsworth than I am a Larry Zbyszko.