WWE 2K18

Kyle

Every year I buy, play for a few weeks and then trade in. Then in Jan/Feb I'll buy again because I miss it and then I'll do the same a month later.

Wasnt gonna buy, but damn if the roster has almost all of NXT and 205 then I'm probably gonna fold.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BuddyAwesome said:

It was something circling Facebook. Also had a lot of the UK guys as a DLC pack.

The only source I found was Pro Wrestling Times, a site that isn't at all credible.

Their list doesn't even include Lita, who's already been confirmed... so we can write it off already, I suppose.

18 minutes ago, Baddar said:

How are Rumble matches nowadays?

The last ones I can remember were where you'd throw somebody over and face a battle to push them off the apron, made easier if someone else doubles up. Does it still work that way?

Yeah, pretty much. They haven't changed the Rumble match in a fair few years (not since maybe SvR 2010?). You can eliminate guys at the corner, under the bottom rope or standing on the outside of the ring.

For the WWE 2K series soundtracks, 2K always strives to team with the best in music and entertainment. For WWE 2K17, we partnered with Sean Combs a.k.a. Puff Daddy. With WWE 2K15, we brought together Wiz Khalifa and WWE Superstar John Cena for a unique collaboration. Today, we’re beyond excited to announce Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson as the Executive Soundtrack Producer for WWE 2K18.

Personally curated by the legendary WWE Superstar and global icon, the WWE 2K18 soundtrack will feature 11 unique songs that represent many of Johnson’s favorite artists and music genres, including hip-hop, classic rock, hard rock, blues, R&B and soul.

We’re thrilled to partner with Apple Music as the premier streaming provider for the WWE 2K18 in-game soundtrack. Stream it now at apple.co/wwe2k (try the link on a mobile device for best results).

“Music is one of my soul’s anchors,” said Johnson. “All genres. I’m excited to celebrate my WWE roots by partnering with the 2K and Apple Music teams and share some of my favorite hardcore training songs with fans all over the world.”

The WWE 2K18 official soundtrack includes:

• Blues Brothers – “Soul Man”;
  • Boston – “Smokin’”;
  • Bruno Mars – “Runaway Baby”;
  • Disturbed – “Down With The Sickness”;
  • Eazy-E – “Boyz-N-The-Hood”;
  • George Thorogood & The Destroyers – “One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer”;
  • Joe Walsh – “Rocky Mountain Way”;
  • Kanye West – “Black Skinhead”;
  • Kid Rock – “You Never Met a White Boy Quite Like Me”;
  • ¡MAYDAY! (feat. Tech N9ne) – “Last One Standing”;
  • Tech N9ne (feat. Krizz Kaliko, Serj Tankian) – “Straight Out The Gate”.

•  
Edited by Tkasto

Well at the very least I know the first thing that I'll do is go to the options and disable the Kid Rock song.

Or just turn off all music and just turn on all the entrance music for BGM.

And now all I can do is picture The Rock training to "You Never Met A While Boy Quite Like Me"

• Like 2

That rumored roster is missing Lita and the Bushwhackers who have already been confirmed, inexplicably includes Kelly Kelly, Lay-Cool, and Boogeyman, has Hogan in it despite WWE.com not even putting him back on the HOF page, and other weirdness like including HoHo Lun but not TM-61.

Having said that it's probably still 80-90% accurate but that's only because rosters aren't all that hard to forecast nowadays.  If you were in the game last year and are still with WWE now, you're almost certain to be moved over even if you don't get used (looking at you, Blake and Murphy).  Of the legends, it seems like HOFers are always going to be continually brought over year to year - as will most of the previous year's DLC.  The only real removals would be guys like Alberto, Swagger, and Simon Gotch.  Possibly Austin Aries too but I'd guess he'll be this year's Stardust and stay in the game.

From the active roster the only guys on the bubble are some of the cruisers - guys like Daivari, Ali, Gulak, Nese, Dorado.  Would be fairly surprised if they all make it.  Tozawa was a nice start though.

There's a 2k18 press event going on in SummerSlam with a demo version of the game.  Attendees aren't allowed to record anything but have no gag order in place about what they find in the demo.  The new Elimination Chamber is in.  And of the handful of playable characters, TJP is the newest name to be confirmed.

If I get this game I'm so gonna steal his theme for my own CAW.  And then probably beat his dabbing MRA ass.