WWE 2K18

Kyle

Oh my God fuck the Banks Statement. Most useless move ever. They always end up in the ropes.

12 hours ago, =BK= said:

Why the fuck can't I give Finn's proper entrance to a alternate attire? 

I'm not quite sure what you mean? A character's alternate attire is just that, an attire. It isn't a full character therefore doesn't have its own entrance.

It did annoy me that Finn's demon entrance lines up with his music but his ordinary one doesn't. It was the first entrance I saw when I played my first match, and it annoyed me because it's really odd that they cocked that up. So simple, to the point where his demon entrance even has it synced up.

5 hours ago, Adam said:

I'm not quite sure what you mean? A character's alternate attire is just that, an attire. It isn't a full character therefore doesn't have its own entrance.

It did annoy me that Finn's demon entrance lines up with his music but his ordinary one doesn't. It was the first entrance I saw when I played my first match, and it annoyed me because it's really odd that they cocked that up. So simple, to the point where his demon entrance even has it synced up.

Nah. If you download an alt it's it's own CAW and you have to set it as an attire in it's customization menu. They can have their own special entrances. There are 6 Finn entrance in the game. 3 normal and 3 Demon. Only the first of the normal ones lines up with the music but it's locked down to default Finn. You can't even copy it, it'll give the alt a generic entrance if you try.

Ah fair enough. That's irritating.

I've run afoul of that image glitch on downloads again today and it's doing my head in. I'm trying to fill out my NXT roster and downloaded Heavy Machinery and Moss & Sabbatelli then it turned out the logos don't work, so immediately deleted Heavy Machinery in annoyance then chilled out and decided if just make the best of it with the others. Also found a pretty good James Drake by the same guy who made them and all his logos worked fine so that, along with grabbing a great Travis Banks & Chris Brookes, made me feel a bit better.

Get to SD and immediately get put in a best of 5 with Dolph.

Most accurate game ever.

On 12/26/2017 at 17:17, Trey said:

I'm in universe mode so I'm not actually selecting players, I'm just on the loading screen part that also let's you pick which wrestler you want to be. If you select the guy standing in front you get to play as whoever is in the ring and if you don't you're outside the ring unless you use the touch pad to switch between them

On PS4 to use the partner character all you need to do is hit the big button in the middle of the controller  to switch during a match.

Edit: oh you say that, what's the issue then?

There isn't an issue anymore, it was more just spreading the information. Also super disappointed with Mycareer both forcing you to win and not letting stuff happen organically while also not letting you export your superstar. I'm a 68 overall, I shouldn't be beating the Uso's in a handicap match in the first place. 

I was looking for something to watch on Youtube while I colored and found this guy Livestream commentating overtop his custom CAW Universe game. It's...something.

I've imported one logo I've made myself for my Women's brand. Haven't had the urge to sit and makeup any more. I probably do need to work on a logo for MyPlayer mode guy to put on his shirts. 

You ever just go to community creations, restrict it to images sorted by newest and look at some of the weird shit that gets uploaded?

• Like 2

I've got a few questions about Universe Mode, as I'm finally ready to get into it properly having spent the first couple of weeks downloading wrestlers, arenas and using Exhibition to play through my own set-up Takeover NOLA and WrestleMania 34 to lead in to the start of it (basically causing a boatload of title changes to give me the dynamic, fresh World Champions...Roman Reigns and John Cena :P).

If I leave the promo slots blank before starting a show, do they happen organically or will they just not happen? Cos I noticed on a quick SIM through that even the PPVs had loads of promo slots which isn't very realistic.

Is the game AI better these days at setting PPV matches to fit ongoing rivalries? I seem to remember it was a bit bone-headed with that on older games.

Same as above, but with appropriate gimmick matches like MITB and Royal Rumble winners? And say, HIAC actually having a couple of HIAC matches booked on it as an example?

Will editing matches on shows + PPVs cock things up with regard to rivalries or gimmick rewards? On my sim I got to MITB and the AI booked Bray Wyatt and five cruiserweights into the Ladder match, which I'd obviously completely change if it happened again but wouldn't want to have that then ruin the cash-ins function.

Thanks to anyone who can answer my newbie queries!

14 hours ago, Los IngobernAdam de Japon said:

If I leave the promo slots blank before starting a show, do they happen organically or will they just not happen? Cos I noticed on a quick SIM through that even the PPVs had loads of promo slots which isn't very realistic.

I found at the beginning of my Universe the PPV was filled was far too many promos. And you can't really delete them I found and occasionally they take up a match slot. Super annoying. I have turned off automatic rivalries and created my own, so maybe that's why I don't get as many.

Is the game AI better these days at setting PPV matches to fit ongoing rivalries? I seem to remember it was a bit bone-headed with that on older games.

Sort of. I find rivalries a bit silly as they just make the two guys wrestle every week and then again at the PPV.

Same as above, but with appropriate gimmick matches like MITB and Royal Rumble winners? And say, HIAC actually having a couple of HIAC matches booked on it as an example?

Yes, all the PPVs have set themes so it will book a couple of HIACs for the HIAC PPV, some TLC matches for TLC, etc. 

Will editing matches on shows + PPVs cock things up with regard to rivalries or gimmick rewards? On my sim I got to MITB and the AI booked Bray Wyatt and five cruiserweights into the Ladder match, which I'd obviously completely change if it happened again but wouldn't want to have that then ruin the cash-ins function.

I have only done this once but I edited the card so the MITB match was in a different spot than it was booked. I booked an 8 man ladder match and it recognized that superstar as the MITB winner. 

• Like 1

Thanks for that, very helpful. I might see how the game treats rivalries at first and if it's too annoying turn the automatic rivalries off.

Can we only have one MITB at a time then? Be a shame to not have the women's one incorporated too since I know you can't do a Women's Rumble yet.

I thought so. Think someone suggested a sort-of workaround where if you run one at the start of the show then cash it in the same night, you can run a second but it's not ideal.

I wonder if running a multi-person Ladder bout on a different event brings up a contract as well or not? Since Carmella won one on Smackdown in real life this year.

6 minutes ago, Los IngobernAdam de Japon said:

I thought so. Think someone suggested a sort-of workaround where if you run one at the start of the show then cash it in the same night, you can run a second but it's not ideal.

I wonder if running a multi-person Ladder bout on a different event brings up a contract as well or not? Since Carmella won one on Smackdown in real life this year.

Seems totally silly but you could try and create a second MITB PPV that month (set the theme to MITB). See if a ladder match pops up and edit the participants there. 

No idea if that works or not.

• Like 1

Now, I said I'd like a grind heavy game but holy shit why are loot boxes so much? They're not even doing it to encourage real money spending!