WWE 2K18

Kyle

I had used Operation Sports' ratings which attempted to more closely mimic Fire Pro.  Took an absolute eternity to set up because everyone was severely downgraded (people like Curt Hawkins rated a 39 or so when it was over, Brock was the highest at 60-something) but I was happy with it at first.  Then I realized it took forever just to play through Universe.  And if I ever wanted to bring a legend in, I'd then have to set their ratings to match the rest of the roster or else it was a guaranteed squash.  It also meant I couldn't play exhibition matches between current superstars and legends.

I figured, no problem...use the square button on the edit superstars page to re-set everyone's stats to default.  Easy enough.  Annoyingly, it didn't re-set my CAWs to the stats they had when I downloaded them - but to actual default settings (everyone with cheer, no personality traits, 84 OVR).  So I had to fix those again but still, easy enough to do in one sitting.

Play a Raw....Big Cass in a match.  He's in the solo attire I'd been using with him.  But then he entered to Enzo's theme and with Enzo's tron, which then made me realize with horror that this must mean everyone's entrance got re-set too.  I believe Cass is pretty much the only in-game wrestler I'd messed with the entrance for, so that's fine.  But now I'd need to fix all the CAW entrances again since they all went to "Generic Superstar 1", and even worse, all of the CAW movesets went to the default one too!

So yeah......now I have to basically re-download all of the CAWs to get movesets <_< If there's any consolation to this, I've now got a great reason t to download way better versions of Almas, Fish, and O'Reilly that weren't there when I first was downloading CAWs.  But still, gonna take me ages to do the stats, entrances, etc. again.  I'd say I'll just turn off entrances but I'm a sucker for completeness.

• Like 1

I feel you, I've had to re-sign a number of things due to my need for completeness through my extensive customisation, I changed some setting the other week and it totally re-set all my CAW entrances. Although I didn't do that OVR tweak thing as I never got why people wanted all their wrestlers to be way worse, matches last long enough already to me.

Survivor Series matches are so damn fun to play! Even if the team pairings was random and super lopsided... Universe had Brock Lesnar feuding with Neville for the title and they had a team match at Survivor Series. Neville had Noam Dar, Daniel Bryan, and TJP with him against Lesnar's Shinsuke Nakamura, Shawn Michaels, and Randy Orton. It wasn't a total squash though because TJP did eliminate me as Orton... But Brock ultimately eliminated everyone on their team. 

Just had a REALLY fun Triple Threat Match in Universe. As Nakamura, defending the IC title against Scott Dawson and Dash Wilder. Seemed like something I could actually see happening. Very fun match, I hit Dawson with the Kinshasa but was winded and dropped to a knee, Wilder hit me with a DDT then turned around and pinned Dawson for the win! 

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 06:53, Los IngobernAdam de Japon said:

I feel you, I've had to re-sign a number of things due to my need for completeness through my extensive customisation, I changed some setting the other week and it totally re-set all my CAW entrances. Although I didn't do that OVR tweak thing as I never got why people wanted all their wrestlers to be way worse, matches last long enough already to me.

Yeah, I get what the OVR stuff was trying to accomplish and it was okay for a bit but it just got incredibly boring watching matches play out after a period of time.

Didn't take too long to re-tweak the stats, movesets, and entrances of the ones that got re-set thankfully.  I'm fine with most of my CAWs entering with the WWE logo as their tron.  The only custom trons I made were for KO, Jordan, and Gable/Benjamin because I didn't want to see American Alpha or Face of America stuff.

Of course I probably need to go in and tweak victory celebrations too, because all of the tron graphics pull up.  Kinda dumb there's an option to set your victory theme as "entrance music" but you can't set the tron, apron video, etc. to just match entrance settings.

I did an 8-man battle royal on Raw with a bunch of random lower card/midcard guys and watched the CPU play it out, the storyline in my mind being it was for #1 contendership to the IC Title.

Curt Hawkins won :D  What a way to end the streak.

Set his alignment to face and now started a rivalry with IC champion Elias.

• Like 4

While this is downloading... can I still get VC to unlock the legends, arenas, belts, etc without going through the Career Mode?

To be honest, I have zero desire to play the career mode, because I've heard it's the same broken shit from last year, with a bunch of additional broken/stupid shit, like being forced to lose matches, but get 4 stars specifically... or whatever.

I just want to play Universe, but I'm going to be mighty buggered if they lock all that shit behind the useless career mode or the Kickstart DLC.

4 hours ago, BuddyAwesome said:

Honestly, I'd spend the extra $5 or whatever to play as everyone and not grind to unlock. 

I just played a 30 Man Rumble and was awarded 94 VC. So I bought the Accelerator, but it wasn't recognizing it, so I turned off the PS4 temporarily. See if that helps.

Seriously though, fuck 2K for doing that. You use VC to unlock shit and to improve your Career Player, and 94 VC is all you get for 30 to 60 minutes of your time, when most characters cost 3,000 VC on their own?

1 minute ago, Gabriel said:

I just played a 30 Man Rumble and was awarded 94 VC. So I bought the Accelerator, but it wasn't recognizing it, so I turned off the PS4 temporarily. See if that helps.

Seriously though, fuck 2K for doing that. You use VC to unlock shit and to improve your Career Player, and 94 VC is all you get for 30 to 60 minutes of your time, when most characters cost 3,000 VC on their own?

That can be solved with lootboxes :w00t:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ashley Rostigraben said:

That can be solved with lootboxes :w00t:

But you only get those in My Career or Online right? And I have zero desire to play either of them. I hate online play because internet in Canada is spotty at best, and My Career sounds like absolute trash. Even people who liked it, when they're writing about it, it doesn't sound at all like anything I remotely even want to try.

6 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

But you only get those in My Career or Online right? And I have zero desire to play either of them. I hate online play because internet in Canada is spotty at best, and My Career sounds like absolute trash. Even people who liked it, when they're writing about it, it doesn't sound at all like anything I remotely even want to try.

Honestly have no idea, but am expecting it next year.

20 hours ago, Gabriel said:

Yeah it’s pretty fucked up. Just simple math tells you if you want four guys worth 5000 VC, that is 20,000. 

Given that even a five star match is about 250 VC...it’ll take 80 five star matches. Fuck that. I like the game but by the time anybody gets the VC to unlock EVERYBODY not including arenas/belts the person will probably have fucking poison ivy growing up their legs. So yeah.