WWE 2K18

Kyle

I'm not sure I regret buying this game because there is a lot of fun but I certainly won't get the next one unless it's just a massive upgrade.

59 minutes ago, =BK= said:

I'm not sure I regret buying this game because there is a lot of fun but I certainly won't get the next one unless it's just a massive upgrade.

You'll be waiting until someone besides 2K or THQ are making these games, then.

I'd have been pretty happy with it if it wasn't for the bizarre loot crate system, combined with absolutely fuckin everything costing that currency. It makes it far more of a grind for me.

I find MyPlayer to be pretty broken and boring. It constantly swaps people in and out of situations and there are so few lines for people and no real reason to talk to them.

If I get a mission from Adin English it shouldn't be Noam Dar telling me he knew I could do it. If the SD producer tells me I'm fighting Sami Zayn I shouldn't then be fighting RAW's IC Champ Dean Ambrose instead.

In SYM if I wandered around and found D-Von he'd talk like a Preacher and try to swindle me but here everybody from Nakamura to Bray Wyatt wants to hit the gym. HCTP had the weird sex things with Trish and Torrie but that's at least something more engaging than Charlotte's and Nattie's one bits of dialogue about dinner with management and beers over Total Divas given with the same body motions.

• Like 4

Man, this seems like yet another great opportunity for NJPW to win more of us over with a compelling product. 

Hell, I’d settle for a good wrestling game with entirety made up guys. 

I like 2K18 mind you, but it’s disappointing that something with the potential to be amazing is really lacking. And honestly, the gripes we have seem like really easy fixes that they constantly fuck up. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, VocalVomit said:

Man, this seems like yet another great opportunity for NJPW to win more of us over with a compelling product. 

Hell, I’d settle for a good wrestling game with entirety made up guys. 

I like 2K18 mind you, but it’s disappointing that something with the potential to be amazing is really lacking. And honestly, the gripes we have seem like really easy fixes that they constantly fuck up. 

Fire Pro Wrestling World with the NJPW roster will be out on PS4 at some point this year.

As much I beleaguered Fire Pro World for it in the beginning - they have gotten better at one thing and that is management of and use of custom elements.

Now clearly it being a 2D game versus a 3D experience is a big thing here but when it comes down to it, that's what I am looking for in a game right now and I don't think WWE is ever going to be able to deliver on that. Creations are not cross platform and that sucks flat out because so much time is put into them, but they can only be enjoyed in one place - so then you have people focusing on pumping out 500 versions of the same wrestler and you never get some of the smaller guys made or made terribly. That just snowballs with people who lock their creations, menus that take forever to navigate through and you have yourself with something that has a ton of potential and me with no time to sit there and throw everything at it to make it interesting.

I don't really know what 2K can do at this point - the game has been pushed hard as a simulation but that just shows the cracks in it. If they would've kept on the path of just making it a fun wrestling game without having to simulate every time aspect it might still be fine, but when they're going for 1:1 accuracy, any tiny change is going to look 3 times as bad by comparison. That's why I want another WWE Allstars or something along those lines.

New thing to annoy me. I can dress Emma up like anything in the world but I can't change the color of her makeup to match alternate attires. I put her in a stable with Nattie and Dana so I made them all pink and white attires so Emma is around in pink and white with blue lips. I get why they don't want to open up facial editing at all but this should work on a color swap system.

2 minutes ago, VocalVomit said:

@This Is APSHAM @Los IngobernAdam de Japon

Alright...so either of you about to download a bunch of the NJPW roster and start a universe for them?

Haha, I tried and I actually downloaded a few but there are a ton missing and then I ran into problems trying to get a New Japan ring to actually work and then I ran into more issues with most of those wrestlers having no themes, etc.

That's kind of why I started doubling down on Fire Pro World.

8 minutes ago, VocalVomit said:

@This Is APSHAM @Los IngobernAdam de Japon

Alright...so either of you about to download a bunch of the NJPW roster and start a universe for them?

I've just spent three weeks crafting a fully functioning WWE Universe, and I'm just now about to start Raw Week 1 :lol:

I have thought about doing something NJPW-related, but Apsham's right that outside of the main guys it's a bit of a struggle to find decent CAWs. From my searches, I think you could nail the very top of the roster. Omega & Tanahashi's entrance motions are in the game, they've added the big moves that Okada, Naito, Goto and a couple of others do too. I've found very good CAWs for Omega, Okada, Naito, Tanahashi, Ibushi and Cody Rhodes as you'd expect, but it starts to get a bit thin on the ground beyond that. So far I've only downloaded Ibushi, Ricochet, Berreta and Zack Sabre Jr. to make the Cruiserweight division decent enough to merit its own show, and I'm intending on bringing in Omega to feud with Jericho at some point.

Once I've got my WWE Universe up and running, I have thought about downloading those top guys and running some tournaments or something in the vein of Apsham's FirePro tournament in the Cube. If I get chance over the weekend I might scour the Community Creations to see just how many decent NJPW wrestlers are on there. I did spot a Kitamura the other day which seemed a bit random!