WWE 2K18

Kyle

I skipped 2k18, and don't feel like I missed out at all. The only other games I'd missed out on before that, since Smackdown 1 (and having gone back and played Attitude and Warzone after the fact), were ones where I hadn't owned the console (never owned a PS3, only briefly owned an Xbox 360) - and in the case of any of the PS3 games, my ex-girlfriend owned them, so I played them at her place.

I've not even played 2k18 once, and I've had no desire to. At this point, I can't see myself buying a WWE game ever again without a significant change.

The thing is with me is I always get real hyped about the new inclusions in each new WWE game, and always really buy into the hype, and then I get the game, play it for a week, and then never touch it again. I probably should stop buying them.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Owen said:

The thing is with me is I always get real hyped about the new inclusions in each new WWE game, and always really buy into the hype, and then I get the game, play it for a week, and then never touch it again. I probably should stop buying them.

This is me. 

• 3 months later...

Picked this up used at GameStop for $15 after not playing the series in a few years.

why is the 20 download limit still a thing? Infuriating!

my best match so far is one that I accidentally selected in Universe mode playing as Naomi against Tamina that reached 4 1/2 stars. 😯

12 hours ago, iDOL said:

why is the 20 download limit still a thing? Infuriating!

They've always justified it as trying to curb server stress.  Between all of the CAWs, arenas, belts, and other stuff you can download - the server could take a beating if a ton of people tried to max out their save slots at the same time.

I think the limit should definitely be dropped after the Christmas season though.  By then, you're not gonna get floods of people getting the game for the first time and heading straight online.

The CAW community has come a long way. I’ve been able to pretty much fill out my rosters with realistic looking CAWS.

when did they add the functionality to download and use alternate attires? So awesome. Updated Ziggler’s look, and once my downloads reset, new looks for New Day, Bludgeons and The Bar are waiting 

Watch out on downloading attires. You have an image limit and each CAW will use quite a few images. 

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, iDOL said:

2K really likes their limits, eh? Kind of weird to limit the images when I have 300 GB open on my console. Ugh.

Meanwhile with Fire Pro, you could download every wrestler ever and probably just about every notable non-wrestling character or person ever and not even make a dent in your storage.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iDOL said:

2K really likes their limits, eh? Kind of weird to limit the images when I have 300 GB open on my console. Ugh.

Oh, and alternate attire downloads count as a Created Wrestler. So if you download 50 new attires, you lose 50 spots from your total download limit.

21 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

Oh, and alternate attire downloads count as a Created Wrestler. So if you download 50 new attires, you lose 50 spots from your total download limit.

That is one of my biggest gripes. I still play 2k18 almost a year after buying it off of pre-order. My creative imagination helps with that. I hope (but isn't likely) that they fix the limit.

52 minutes ago, KingofHarts_OH said:

That is one of my biggest gripes. I still play 2k18 almost a year after buying it off of pre-order. My creative imagination helps with that. I hope (but isn't likely) that they fix the limit.

I understand why they have this in the game, as the attires are now so much more intricate than before... but the option to be able to color swap existing attires without having to use a CAW slot should be present. I should be able to have four color variants of any one attire. Changing the attire, adding layers or whatever, can still use a CAW slot, but just being able to vary it up a little bit, or color co-ordinate your tag teams in Universe in would be nice.

• Like 1

It also appears you can’t change anything about the in game superstars physical appearance like cutting their hair? I downloaded what I thought was a great alternate attire for Ambrose’s new look but it appears as if I have to use him as a CAW instead 

1 hour ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

I played this again for the first time in months. I went back to mycareer and decided I would go for the tag team titles. Then they paired me with Rich Swann so I was done again

Why?

Can you not....

Dance.gif

handle this?

1 hour ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

I played this again for the first time in months. I went back to mycareer and decided I would go for the tag team titles. Then they paired me with Rich Swann so I was done again

There ought to be a way of choosing a partner from a list of wrestlers in a similar position on the card. It's another one of those things that's baffling in its absence.

• Like 1