Arsenal Thread

TMM

I can understand that he'd get a certain backlash to it if it was true, but no worse than the stick he got for swapping Spurs for us. He wouldn't be the first gay footballer, nor will he be the last. I would like to think that whatever is happening with Sol, be it poor form, sexuality or any other personal issues he might have, that the majority of Arsenal fans at least would be prepared to stick by him.

Just as Petit got on with things while constantly being labelled gay and as Van Persie does despite still being called a rapist, I think Campbell would be big enough to get on with things.

On a semi-related note...Warren Barton. Was he or wasn't he?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From BBC.co.uk

Arsenal defender Sol Campbell has no personal problems and will be back at training on Monday, according to a statement released by his solicitor.

The England centre-back has not been seen since walking out of Highbury at half-time of their 3-2 Premiership defeat to West Ham on Wednesday.

"Sol is absolutely fine. I have been in continuous contact with him. He needed some space," said solicitor Bon Battu.

"He has no personal problems whatsoever and will be back training next week."

If he doesn't have personal problems I want to know why the fuck he's just earned nearly £80,000 for sitting on his arse at home all week and not getting himself to training. If he had a poor game against West Ham that's all the more reason to work hard in training, not go AWOL for nearly a week. If this is his level of commitment he can go, before he's too old that we won't get money for him.

If he does have personal problems, he should at least be man enough to step up and admit to them at this stage, I mean it's not as if it's not evident that SOMETHING is going on.

Toure and Eboue are going to be gone for a while longer. Couldn't see an African Nations thread so I'll just go on here; Ivory Coast just beat Cameroon on penalties. All 11 players for both sides scored their penalties, Eto'o missed his second and Drogba scored.

To keep it Arsenal related, Toure put his in the top corner. Although I want to see Toure do well, a part of me was hoping the Ivory Coast would lose so he'd come back.

After seeing the team picked against Brum, I thourght they might have had a good chance of beating us, but we managed the victory, so yay for us. Anyone know when the next round of the champion's league starts, can't wait till we give Madrid a whooping :ohwell:

Quite late for it, but just for the records one more time:

ArseAnal London - West Ham United 2:3 :w00t:(H):P

And the award for Immature Poster of All Time goes to.......

Oh please, as if a number of Spurs fans on EWB don't take shots like that at Arsenal, and as if a number of Arsenal fans on here don't take shots like that at Spurs.

Get off the high horse.