Arsenal Thread

TMM

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Leeleemu

I also believe that he did not do it, hes been done by someone wanting money like players like Jody Morris, Lee Bowyer and Jonathan Woodgate in recent times. It is strange how Steve Finnan has also been involved in a incident on the same day.

On a different tangent, to all you Arsenal fans, i hope you come back strong next year and win the league, as a Leeds fan, the only reason I watch the Premiership is for Arsenal and I truly believe Thierry Henry is better then Andriy Shevchenko after seeing them on numerous occassions live and on tv.

Come on you gunners, who do you guys think you will sign?

I also believe that he did not do it, hes been done by someone wanting money like players like Jody Morris, Lee Bowyer and Jonathan Woodgate in recent times. It is strange how Steve Finnan has also been involved in a incident on the same day.

On a different tangent, to all you Arsenal fans, i hope you come back strong next year and win the league, as a Leeds fan, the only reason I watch the Premiership is for Arsenal and I truly believe Thierry Henry is better then Andriy Shevchenko after seeing them on numerous occassions live and on tv.

Come on you gunners, who do you guys think you will sign?

The Steve Finnan thing stretches back to January when he actually knocked the guy over, but he didn't die til five weeks later.

On the subject of who we sign, I don't particularly have any people who I really want us to sign other than Sebastien Frey. Other than that I want a good defender, a midfielder and/or a good striker, no preferences to who, just someone good who's semi-established already.

Guest Leeleemu

Ah well look at Thierry, Vieira, Lauren and most your players, you got them for cheap and unknown and Wenger turned them into world beaters, I heard Wenger was considering leaving the club after you move to Ashburton Grove, I would be shocked and Im sure you Arsenal fans will be, I remember how Henry was playing left wing for Juve then Wenger turned him into what he is!

Im sure your new players will develop the same, I wish I could say the same for leeds, lol.

Ah well look at Thierry, Vieira, Lauren and most your players, you got them for cheap and unknown and Wenger turned them into world beaters, I heard Wenger was considering leaving the club after you move to Ashburton Grove, I would be shocked and Im sure you Arsenal fans will be, I remember how Henry was playing left wing for Juve then Wenger turned him into what he is!

Im sure your new players will develop the same, I wish I could say the same for leeds, lol.

Guest Leeleemu

Yeah thats what I mean, not unknown but he was hardly established as a proven goalscorer was he, he scored something like 32 in 120 in Monaco and 12 of them were in 9 appearences of the French Cup when they played poor teams. He then moved to Juve played 16 scoring 3 got abused in the Italian Press then came to England and Wenger made him the best player to grace a Premiership pitch.

Just went onto the Football Rumours website, and these are the players we've been linked with this summer.

Michael Owen (Real Madrid, £15m)

Robinho (Santos, £14m)

Mahamadou Diarra (Lyon, £10m)

Alexandr Hleb (VfB Stuttgart, £8m)

Andrea Caracciolo (Brescia, £7m)

Samir Nasri (Marseille, £6m)

Antti Niemi (Southampton, £2m)

Ricardo (Sporting, £?)

Afonso Alves (Malmo FF, £?)

Dean Ashton (Norwich City, £?)

David Beckham (Real Madrid, £?)

Mitchell Cole (Grays Athletic, £?)

Kamil Contofalsky (Zenit St Petersburg, £?)

Daniel de Ridder (Ajax Amsterdam, Loan)

William Gallas (Chelsea, £?)

Alberto Gilardino (Parma, £?)

Shay Given (Newcastle United, £?)

Jack Hobbs (Lincoln City, £?)

Jussi Jaaskelainen (Bolton Wanderers, £?)

Salomon Kalou (Feyenoord, £?)

Joleon Lescott (Wolverhampton Wanderers, £?)

Modeste M'Bami (Paris-SG, £?)

Florent Malouda (Lyon, £?)

Arnold Mvuemba (Rennes, £?)

Jerome Rothen (Paris-SG, £?)

Georgios Samaras (SC Heerenveen, £?)

Ryan Taylor (Tranmere Rovers, £?)

Fernando Torres (Atletico Madrid, Swap)

Hatem Trabelsi (Ajax Amsterdam, £?)

Gianni Zuiverloon (Feyenoord, £?)

God it's lovely to be linked with everyone. But why the hell are we being linked with Lincolin frickin City players? Unless he's 20 or younger, he's not even worth it.

Edited by The Monkey Molester

Michael Owen (Real Madrid, £15m)

Robinho (Santos, £14m)

Alexandr Hleb (VfB Stuttgart, £8m)

Samir Nasri (Marseille, £6m)

Dean Ashton (Norwich City, £?)

Daniel de Ridder (Ajax Amsterdam, Loan)

William Gallas (Chelsea, £?)

Alberto Gilardino (Parma, £?)

Shay Given (Newcastle United, £?)

Fernando Torres (Atletico Madrid, Swap)

Those are the ones I'd take from that list.

Guest Leeleemu

But then you would have too many strikers at Arsenal, plus I feel you only need another striker, you already have Henry. I feel you need a new left winger and you should allow Reyes to play up front with Henry more. Do you guys think Wenger will leave after this year?

We need another striker, we only have Henry, Bergkamp, Reyes, van Persie at the moment, we do have Bentley, Quincy and Lupoli coming through but I don't believe that Bentley will make it.

Reyes seems to be Wengers choice to be Pires' succesor, Bergkamps old and then there is Aliadiere who is just plain not good enough.

I think Bentley could make it, given the chance to prove himself that both Reyes and van Persie have been given during the last season. He was unlucky at Norwich to be dogged with injuries but was an impressive team player when he was fit.

Last year was meant to be "the year" that Aliadiere would breakinto the team, until he ruled himself out for more than half the season in the Community Shield. It's hard to say whether his chance has gone now, but it would be nice to see a young English talent break into our side.

Gunners fail in Hleb bid

Stuttgart have confirmed that they have turned down an offer from Arsenal for Alexander Hleb.

The Belarus international enjoyed a hugely consistent campaign for his Bundesliga side last term, starting every one of their 34 league games.

Arsene Wenger views the creative 24-year-old as the ideal man to pep up his midfield options - especially following the departure of Edu.

The Gunners are understood to have submitted an opening offer of around £5 million for Hleb, but have been rebuffed in their overtures.

However, their German counterparts have not ruled out the possibility that the midfielder will end up at Highbury this summer.

"We have had an offer for Hleb from Arsenal but it wasn't enough and we have rejected that bid," a Stuttgart spokesman told Sky Sports News.

"He now has two options - he either stays at Stuttgart or goes to Arsenal."

Hleb is also thought to be a target for Arsenal's Premiership rivals Chelsea and it seems certain he will leave Germany this summer with Stuttgart having missed out on UEFA Champions League qualification.

Hmm, we'll probably up our bid a little but we won't go any higher than £10m I think, don't think we'll even go that high. I suspect he'll either come to us or Chelsea whatever happens, just a case of who bids the most in the end.

Guest _sTe_

Unless the person he is suppose to of raped is a bloke, I don't believe it, he's blatantly a woofter.

He'll be cleared, just like every other footballer accused of rape.

I think Hleb has already agreed to join us, we just need to put the money on the table. This is how transfers start, club bids a small amouth and gradually goes up, the selling club usually have a higher value but they usually end up in the middle.

£8m will be enough according to most sources in Germany, I really hope we do get him, it does look very likely.

And in other news, van Persie will remian in custody for another 14 days. I so hope for his sake that this is complete utter bollocks. I really, really do.

Edited by Gooner4Life