Official Rap Thread (Reprise)

Gorka

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Kanye made a post on Instagram where he is threatening to boycott Coachella, unless Billie Eilish apologizes to Travis Scott. All because she paused a concert in Atlanta to grab an inhaler for fan. Didn't mention Travis Scott by name, or anything. Its the media making the comparisons. What makes it worse is that the Kanye also said she needs to apologize to the families of the people who lost their lives. I'm sorry, but I wasn't aware that Billie Eilish is the reason people died at a Travis Scott concert, rather than Travis Scott.

Obviously this is Kanye being a dick because Coachella dropped Scott and replaced her with him. He's saying he's going to bring out Scott to perform. Hoping the people running Coachella threaten to drop him if he tries it.

Almost hoping that Eillish's response is to tell Kanye to go fuck himself.

https://consequence.net/2022/02/kanye-coachella-travis-scott-billie-eilish/

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Kendrick continues to do nothing for me, and I still can't put my finger on exactly why I don't care for his stuff. There was probably a time in my life where I would have loved the type of hip hop Kendrick does, but that's just not what I'm into at (almost) 33 years old.

I do like his buddy Jay Rock, though.

• 4 weeks later...

Being reported this afternoon that Atlanta rapper Trouble was murdered while visiting a friend, according to his s/o. 

18 hours ago, Serpenticloud said:

Being reported this afternoon that Atlanta rapper Trouble was murdered while visiting a friend, according to his s/o. 

Adding more to this: he was visiting the apartment of a friend, when a guy involved in a domestic dispute with said friend forced his way in and shot Trouble once in the chest. 

• 2 weeks later...

God I fucking love rap/hip hop whatever. Its such a beautiful form of music. I hate the shit it gets from some dorks. I mean, you get really really fucking cool music with people that can tell a great story with rhyming, word play, and just whatever comes to mind. 

I can teach myself a numbercof instruments, but no fucking way can I ever teach myself to rap. That takes serious talent, it takes so much damn talent to be able to come up with the lyrics on the fly in such a creative way.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...