Official Rap Thread (Reprise)

Gorka

• 2 weeks later...

New info on Pop Smoke's death seems to point to him being murdered by a 15-year-old who wanted his diamond rolex. 

https://www.complex.com/music/witness-account-of-pop-smoke-fatal-shooting-detailed-court-hearing

Taking to the witness stand, he said the intruders broke into the Airbnb house Pop where was staying in the early hours of the morning, using a window on the second floor. The “Dior” rapper was showering at the time, and a woman who was staying with him at the time had a gun held to her head.

“Shut the fuck up. Do you want to die?” said the intruder, who had a semiautomatic firearm.

Crediting the testimony of the woman for the information, Det. Carrasco added, “She heard a struggle coming from the shower area and heard Mr. Jackson [Pop Smoke] screaming. Mr. Jackson ran out of the bathroom and then she heard a loud pop and [heard] Mr. Jackson fall to the ground. Two other individuals began to kick him.”

• 2 weeks later...

Open Mike Eagle’s “What Had Happened Was” podcast has El-P on the newest episode talking about Cancer 4 Cure. Last week was Killer Mike talking about RAP Music. 

• 3 weeks later...

Culture III by Migos dropped at midnight today. I've only listened to one song so far ("Mahomes"), will have to listen to the rest later today.

• 4 weeks later...

Ye supposedly has a new album out on Friday called DONDA. I'll believe it when I see it, and even then.. I dunno man, after all the Trump shit and some of his past comments.. I don't know if I can separate the art from the artist, but for Ye, I'll try, I guess?

As long as it isn't another gospel album.

I just caught up with everything going on around DaBaby's ignorant, homophobic bullshit. The people like Boosie and TI defending him with some absolutely fragile male bullshit can fuck off with DaBaby to, idk, and idc. In particular Boosie just straight up being a homophobic piece of shit, and TI trying to compare people calling DaBaby out to bullying is just fucking astounding. 

• Like 1

Chucky Thompson of the Hitmen died of covid-19. :( He was a pretty prolific producer for Bad Boy, and had produced for Nas, Ice Cube, Mary J. Blige and a host of others as well.