Official Rap Thread (Reprise)

Gorka

On 1/6/2020 at 3:23 AM, Benjamin said:

JESUS IS KING is truly gobshite, isn't it?

Follow God is about the only good song on it, but yeah. Surprisingly, it works pretty well if you insert each track after the ones on Yeezus (ex: On Sight into Every Hour). One of the songs has a perfection transition at the end into Monster from My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, too.

But yeah it's pretty bad, and I have no interest in things like Sunday Service. Bad enough he's a Trump supporter, but now he's thinking about doing a tour with Joel Osteen? As the poet 50 Cent once said, "the fuck happened to you?".

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking at XXL's Freshman Class from 2019 and I don't recognize anybody. In fact, the last freshman class where I recognize anyone is from 2016. I'm so out of touch. 😢

4 hours ago, How The Cloud Stole Christ said:

I'm looking at XXL's Freshman Class from 2019 and I don't recognize anybody. In fact, the last freshman class where I recognize anyone is from 2016. I'm so out of touch. 😢

Megan Thee Stallion and DaBaby are the best ones out of that bunch, I'd say.

• Like 1

I also think Rico Nasty is fun and I haven't heard much from YBN Cordae but its been alright. Some of the people in the cyphers were just laughably bad though.

Lil Mosey manages to be absolutely awful while calling the beat trash, and YK Osiris just isn't my jam at all (and I've listened to this like ten times and still can't figure out what's going on at 2:10ish) but he at least makes up for it in the video because watching him watch DaBaby is great.

Also the new Lil Wayne has a couple good songs but overall I don't think I'm going to be listening to it that much, it definitely doesn't reach the highs of Carter V.

• Like 1

There's a reason DaBaby takes up more than half of that cypher video, because he's easily the most complete rapper out of all of them featured in that video. Megan should be as popular as Cardi B some day if she keeps at it - definitely deserved better than like 20 seconds in that video.

• Like 1

I know of Megan because of Hot Girl Summer and that's about it, but she seems pretty cool. The fact that she lists Pimp C and Three 6 Mafia as influences is a huge plus in my book. 

I listened to a DaBaby song a few weeks back (I think it was "Walker Texas Ranger") and I didn't care much for it. Looking at his discography on Wikipedia though, ooh, he did a remix of Truth Hurts..

Initially it was thought that Pop Smoke's murder was part of a botched robbery, but it seems now that the LAPD believe it was a targeted hit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...