United Football League

Lineker

4 minutes ago, Meacon said:

You can tell how much the wrestling landscape has changed.

XFL 2001 - The Rock cutting promos! Wrestling announcers calling the games! TONS of crossover.

XFL 2018 - Nope. Nothing to do with WWE. No crossover. It's not even the same company! What's a WWE?!?!

I haven't watched wrestling in a decade. What's changed? Why no crossovers?

2 minutes ago, Lineker said:

"NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy told ESPN the league will have no comment on McMahon's upstart league."

It’s the equivalent of TNA trying to pick a fight with the WWE. 

1 minute ago, Dan said:

I haven't watched wrestling in a decade. What's changed? Why no crossovers?

2001 it was popular. 2018 it’s rather lame. :P 

• Like 2

I'm sure there are marketing experts with considerable knowledge that were consulted on this but I'm curious as the value of keeping the name XFL that, if it has any name value after 15+ years, it's only negative. Why not call it literally anything else? I guess with Vince at the helm, people would probably just call it XFL 2 anyway so there's no point trying to distance themselves from it?

Just now, King Vitamin Ellis said:

I'm sure there are marketing experts with considerable knowledge that were consulted on this but I'm curious as the value of keeping the name XFL that, if it has any name value after 15+ years, it's only negative. Why not call it literally anything else? I guess with Vince at the helm, people would probably just call it XFL 2 anyway so there's no point trying to distance themselves from it?

That's what it is. There's no way they can separate it from the last attempt, so why bother?