Summer Transfer Window 2018

Lineker

Grealish to Spurs seems like a bit of a Rodwell/Barkley transfer. Talented player going too far, too fast. 

He needs to play all the time and should move to a team where he can do that. Dele Alli is almost a year younger than him too!

25 minutes ago, Liam said:

Fulham are sniffing around Chambers from Arsenal and Ayew from Swansea apparently.

What's Chambers like?

I’ve read that Fulham have been put off by the £22m asking price. 

However, if you can get the price a little lower, maybe around £15m (£1m less than what we bought him for), I think it’d be a great piece of business. He’d compliment Ream very well as he’s also very comfortable on the ball and he’s fairly decent in the air. 

He should just never ever play at right-back.

10 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

I’ve read that Fulham have been put off by the £22m asking price. 

However, if you can get the price a little lower, maybe around £15m (£1m less than what we bought him for), I think it’d be a great piece of business. He’d compliment Ream very well as he’s also very comfortable on the ball and he’s fairly decent in the air.  

He should just never ever play at right-back.

Cheers. I'd never seen anything specific about price to be fair. Sounds a lot, but who doesn't cost a lot these days...

1 hour ago, TCO said:

Grealish to Spurs seems like a bit of a Rodwell/Barkley transfer. Talented player going too far, too fast. 

He needs to play all the time and should move to a team where he can do that. Dele Alli is almost a year younger than him too!

I thought the same but then you think, Dele Alli came to Spurs straight from MK Dons and was almost immediately successful and soon in the England team. Some are ready to make a big step up, and to be fair Grealish has played in the Premier League already.

5 minutes ago, PanamAdam said:

I thought the same but then you think, Dele Alli came to Spurs straight from MK Dons and was almost immediately successful and soon in the England team. Some are ready to make a big step up, and to be fair Grealish has played in the Premier League already.

Probably the end for Lamela if he joins, I'd think.

45 minutes ago, Colly said:

My memory is flimsy, but isn't Grealish's Premier League experience about 3 years ago at left back? 

Erm no? That's a very flimsy memory!😂

Grealish is good but I don't think he has Dele Alli potential. I think Spurs would be a bad move and Chelsea even worse. One of my friends is a Villa fan so I've watched a lot of him. He needs freedom and plenty of the ball to be effective and I don't think he'll get that with Eriksen and Alli. He wasn't super impressive in the Championship but he's got talent, attitude needs to be sorted too.

8 hours ago, TCO said:

Erm no? That's a very flimsy memory!😂

Grealish is good but I don't think he has Dele Alli potential. I think Spurs would be a bad move and Chelsea even worse. One of my friends is a Villa fan so I've watched a lot of him. He needs freedom and plenty of the ball to be effective and I don't think he'll get that with Eriksen and Alli. He wasn't super impressive in the Championship but he's got talent, attitude needs to be sorted too.

Wasn't he playing full back at the point when everyone was trying to convince him to declare for England? I think I'm losing the plot... 

32 minutes ago, Colly said:

Wasn't he playing full back at the point when everyone was trying to convince him to declare for England? I think I'm losing the plot... 

I could be wrong, but I don't think the lad played a game at full back in is life! Certainly not at left back anyway, he's very right-footed.

He plays as a 10 or in centre midfield. Out wide at a push but he's not blessed with crazy pace. He'd be pretty ineffective at full back anyway!

The whole Ireland/England thing just makes me sad now. Obviously he made the correct decision for him but if he had stayed he'd be starting every game for us. An England career is still possible but he'll never be more than a bit part player if he does make it. He could have been our superstar and face of the team which would have been great for his development. If there was any doubt in his mind then England had to be the choice. If I were eligible and good enough for both, there's 0% chance I'd even consider England and that's the way for 99.9% of Irish lads.

8 hours ago, MexicoJack said:

Fuck Mourinho.

I can't even mock you, I just feel bad. I said years ago that I wouldn't have Mourinho at Liverpool even with the guaranteed league title he likely comes with and got roundly mocked - but this is exactly the type of reason why. United fans, dare I say it, deserve better, bar the ones that already have Setubal Syndrome for him.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, MexicoJack said:

Even if you were born in Birmingham and had never lived in Ireland a day in your life?

Yeah that's the difference and that was my point, if his decision was veering towards England at all after playing for us then the decision was already made really. Apparently he played Gaelic Football in Birmingham though, which is hilarious. A lad with his football ability and physique would get killed in a senior game!

Declan Rice seems to be the opposite, mad to play and has learned the anthem too, which is impressive for somebody who's never learned Irish.

• Like 1