Summer Transfer Window 2018

Lineker

On 29/06/2018 at 00:41, Switzerlineker said:

Guardian. 

Or Wikipedia. 

On 29/06/2018 at 01:15, Sto Kerea said:

Transfermarkt.com tends to be pretty good (although easier to figure out if you're looking up one specific team, I find).

Thanks

• Thanks 1

On 02/07/2018 at 17:34, Switzerlineker said:

Good thing it's football, not Scrabble.

I wouldn't be massively impressed with a word that scores 12 tbf.

Oh and Juve have offered £88m for Cristiano Ronaldo

On 02/07/2018 at 17:40, TCO said:

I'm just happy to be reminded that an actual real person is called Jamal Blackman.

Tee hee hee, he is called Blackman and he is black man!

• Haha 1

It's a weird one because on paper, £88m for a 33 year old sounds mental but then a. It's Ronaldo and b. He will play at the top level until he's 40.

Makes sense to move to Italy then. It's the home of incredibly old footballers who are inexplicably still playing.

7 hours ago, Gazz said:

It's a weird one because on paper, £88m for a 33 year old sounds mental but then a. It's Ronaldo and b. He will play at the top level until he's 40.

Really? I mean yeah he is the most physically complete athlete to play football at anywhere near his level (I still think Messi is a better technical footballer, but that's by the by) but to play as a forward in the champions league/premier league/la liga at 40 would be incredible... Serie A less so but still impressive. If anyone could it'd be him but he'd be nowhere near as effective and I think he'd be far more likely to bugger off to America/China/wherever else wants to pay him silly money to play in a tin pot league in about 3-4 years time.

6 hours ago, Matt said:

Really? I mean yeah he is the most physically complete athlete to play football at anywhere near his level (I still think Messi is a better technical footballer, but that's by the by) but to play as a forward in the champions league/premier league/la liga at 40 would be incredible... Serie A less so but still impressive. If anyone could it'd be him but he'd be nowhere near as effective and I think he'd be far more likely to bugger off to America/China/wherever else wants to pay him silly money to play in a tin pot league in about 3-4 years time.

Career expectancy in Italy is way higher anyway, that's before taking into account Ronaldo's role in recent seasons meaning he barely ever has to burst into an actual sprint. And obviously on top of that, he takes very good care of himself.