Summer Transfer Window 2018

Lineker

10 hours ago, TCO said:

Erm no? That's a very flimsy memory!😂

Grealish is good but I don't think he has Dele Alli potential. I think Spurs would be a bad move and Chelsea even worse. One of my friends is a Villa fan so I've watched a lot of him. He needs freedom and plenty of the ball to be effective and I don't think he'll get that with Eriksen and Alli. He wasn't super impressive in the Championship but he's got talent, attitude needs to be sorted too.

Not disagreeing with most of this, I’m just curious about the attitude thing. Is it the stuff from a couple of seasons ago that you are referring to, or more on the pitch stuff?

With the exception of that nasty stamp on the Wolvo player early-ish in the season (no excuses on that), he’s been a pro, I think.

Has the ability to change a game for sure, and once he got back to full fitness after his internal bleeding injury, he’s been great, especially in the back end of the season.

Not sure if he’s ready for a top six club yet, but he certainly deserves better. 

Wouldn’t be a bad investment for them though, because the potential is there.

Shame he didn’t declare for Ireland, but he did grow up in Birmingham I suppose, so can’t really have a go on that. 

• Admin

What do you do when you’re a Spanish journalist wanting to ask Antoine Griezmann about his future at Atlético Madrid but the France team’s press officer will only allow questions in French (specifically to prevent anyone asking questions about Griezmann about his future at Atletico Madrid)? This:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Cymbols said:

Not disagreeing with most of this, I’m just curious about the attitude thing. Is it the stuff from a couple of seasons ago that you are referring to, or more on the pitch stuff?

With the exception of that nasty stamp on the Wolvo player early-ish in the season (no excuses on that), he’s been a pro, I think.

It's the stupid socks. I may not know what position he plays, but I know about his stupid socks. Also he looks like Father Damo. 

7 hours ago, Cymbols said:

Has the ability to change a game for sure, and once he got back to full fitness after his internal bleeding injury, he’s been great, especially in the back end of the season.

Not sure if he’s ready for a top six club yet, but he certainly deserves better. 

Wouldn’t be a bad investment for them though, because the potential is there.

Shame he didn’t declare for Ireland, but he did grow up in Birmingham I suppose, so can’t really have a go on that. 

Attitude is a bit of both the above. He's got his head screwed on a bit more now but I'd still be worried about his dedication. He's prone to lashing out, should have been sent off in the playoff final too. 

Hope he succeeds wherever he goes, just not internationally! We were so close to having Harry Kane too :( 

21 minutes ago, TCO said:

Attitude is a bit of both the above. He's got his head screwed on a bit more now but I'd still be worried about his dedication. He's prone to lashing out, should have been sent off in the playoff final too. 

Hope he succeeds wherever he goes, just not internationally! We were so close to having Harry Kane too :( 

Tackle was pretty bad in the playoff true, but I reckon anyone would react the same to being fouled 12 times in a single game. Or at least I would 😂

I think he’s good enough to succeed anywhere really, providing he gets enough game time. Don’t want to see him go, but I wish him every success when he does. 

Today the rumours are that Chelsea are on the cusp of ironing out a deal with Napoli where they will get Sarri for 'free', on the basis that Chelsea also put in writing an agreement not to activate the release clauses of certain Napoli players.

I mean, if true, sure. But just GET ON WITH IT.

• Admin

No official sources yet, but news from the Argentine press today is saying that Tottenham Hotspur have an agreement to sign the Boca Juniors midfielder Wilmar Barrios.

There's also supposedly a plan afoot for us to sell Dembele to Jiangsu Suning for a metric fucktonne of money, and they'll loan him to Inter Milan for a season. Think they might have the same owners or something.

On 15/06/2018 at 00:29, Arjen Robben said:

Rui Patrico, Gelson Martins, William Carvalho, Bruno Fernandes, Ruben Ribeiro, Bas Dost, Ruben Battaglia, Rafael Leao and Daniel Podence have had their Sporting contracts rescinded.

Rui Patricio has now signed for Wolves.