Summer Transfer Window 2018

Lineker

5 minutes ago, Switzerlineker said:

James Maddison is supposedly Leicester-bound.

Sheffield United have completed the signing of Dean Henderson on a season-long loan from Manchester United.

Henderson was on loan with us last year, he is a great young Keeper

• Admin

Arsenal have agreed a deal to sign Bernd Leno for an initial €22m (£19.2m) from Bayer Leverkusen.

The 26-year-old, who was part of the Germany squad which won the Confederations Cup last year but was not selected for the World Cup, is expected to sign a five-year deal at the Emirates after he was identified as the long-term successor to Petr Cech. Leno was an integral part of the Leverkusen side which finished fifth in the Bundesliga last season, having begun his career at Stuttgart and it is understood that Arsenal could pay up to another £3m in bonuses as part of the deal.

His impending arrival potentially casts doubt over the future of Cech, who has only one year remaining on the contract he signed when he moved from Chelsea in 2015.

Arsenal are also closing in on the signing of Uruguay midfielder Lucas Torreira of Sampdoria for £25m and Greece defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos from Borussia Dortmund for around £16m as Unai Emery continues his rebuilding job. The Switzerland full-back Stephan Lichtsteiner joined on a free transfer from Juventus this month.

• Admin

Monaco have signed a 16-year-old for £17.5m. Monaco have paid the fee for Lyon striker Willem Geubbels, who made two appearances in the French top-flight last season and was the first player born in the 21st century to play in Ligue 1.

Don't be stealing our lean for your signing announcements you bunch of bubble blowing bastards!!

• Haha 2

I think Fabianski is a great signing for West Ham. He was one of the best keepers in the league last season, and in my opinion a definite upgrade on Adrian.

Elsewhere, the Sampdoria president is claiming that he has sold Lucas Torreira for €30m, presumably to us. I guess we will have to wait a little longer for official confirmation. On top of that, other sources are reporting that Unai Emery wants to sign Ever Banega and he has a release clause of €20m. I can't see it if we have signed Torreira, unless Aaron Ramsey is on his way out.

Nevertheless, I'm definitely excited about this summer's transfer window so far, we seem to be so active in strengthening the areas we have badly needed for a long time. If some of these signings come through we could be looking at a squad like this:

GK: Leno/Cech/Ospina
DR: Bellerin/Lichsteiner
DC: Koscielny/Mustafi/Movraponas
DC: Sokratis/Chambers/Holding
DL: Monreal/Kolasinac
DM: Torreira/Elneny
MC: Xhaka/Maitland-Niles
MC: Ramsey/Banega (?)
AMR: Ozil/Iwobi
AML: Mkhitaryan/Welbeck
FC: Aubameyang/Lacazette

Throw in younger wildcards like Nelson and Nketiah, then I think we're probably only another centre-back and possibly wide player from having a really complete squad in order to reclaim our 4th place trophy.

• Like 1

• Admin

Huddersfield have signed Dutch central midfielder Juninho Bacuna from Eredivisie side FC Groningen. Bacuna, 20, has joined the Terriers on a three-year deal until the summer of 2021, with the option of another year. Bacuna is the younger brother of Reading winger Leandro Bacuna.