E3 2018

GoGo Yubari

Watched Sony's conference this morning. Terribly paced in the first half but I really liked what I saw.

• Last of Us looks phenomenal. That's probably the most tense trailer I've ever seen.
  • Not at all interested in Black Ops or Destiny but whatever
  • Ghost of Tsushima looks absolutely stunning but I'm not completely sold yet, the combat looked a little on the generic side but we'll wait and see.
  • Control looks rad. Didn't get to play Quantum Break but I absolutely adored Alan Wake, so I'm all in for more Remedy stuff.
  • Resident Evil 2 got me pumped. Definitely out of the blue and it being available so soon is a pleasant surprise.
  • The Justin Roiland game speaks to me. Big fan of his humour so I'm down for some weirdness.
  • Beat Sabre makes me want a VR even more.
  • Death Stranding looks bonkers in a good way. Good to finally see some semblance of gameplay and I'm definitely all in.
  • And Spider-Man! I'm so glad its going the Arkham route of having a bunch of villains and I'm so excited for the inevitable boss fights.

Surprised and a little disappointed we got nothing from Bluepoint, Gearbox or Rocksteady but overall a good show.

Ubisoft has probably been my favourite conference so far just because it was the most E3 thing so far. Sony and Microsoft are jostling for second place, I preferred the games don't had on offer but that pacing was all over the shop whereas Microsoft were incredibly tight this year but honestly, no one has knocked it out of the park just yet.

Nintendo has it all to play for. Give me a Smash roster, Mario Maker, Killer Queen, Fallout 3 and some more Metroid news and I'll die happy.

Having seen a bit more of the Resident Evil 2 gameplay, I'm looking forward to it. It has a Resident Evil 4-style third-person camera and appears to have done away with the bloody tank controls, and the combat looks nice. There was a time when I thought Resident Evil 2 was brilliantly atmospheric, and I'm getting that feeling again. If the brief glimpse is anything to go by, this could be exactly how a remake should be done.

Take out the filler and transitions and Sony's conference is barely 45 minutes long - and 10 minutes of that was taken up by whatever the fuck it is Kojima has vomited out. Kinda disappointing. Spidey looks fantastic. Last of Us II looks like it'll fun but the AI is blind apparently? 

Playstation being the console to get CoD exclusives suits me just fine, as I don't have one, so hopefully will no longer have to hear about it. Will Destiny 2's dlc be enough to save it? Dunno.

Ghost of Tsushima already has a major flaw for me. Not a single one of the Mongols had a goddamn bow on them, which is ridiculous.

Control looks great. Resident Evil isn't something I'm interested in but cool I guess?

Was I supposed to laugh at the bathtub guy?

This was a letdown compared to Microsoft's conference.

38 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

The AI being blind to Ellie makes sense. She used to run wildly around the battle area in the first game with nobody seeming to care.

I just couldn't take it seriously. There were moments where she would've been seen. It didn't raise any tension for me, it was just annoying.

7 hours ago, Ollie said:

Watched Sony's conference this morning. Terribly paced in the first half but I really liked what I saw.

• Last of Us looks phenomenal. That's probably the most tense trailer I've ever seen.
  • Not at all interested in Black Ops or Destiny but whatever
  • Ghost of Tsushima looks absolutely stunning but I'm not completely sold yet, the combat looked a little on the generic side but we'll wait and see.
  • Control looks rad. Didn't get to play Quantum Break but I absolutely adored Alan Wake, so I'm all in for more Remedy stuff.
  • Resident Evil 2 got me pumped. Definitely out of the blue and it being available so soon is a pleasant surprise.
  • The Justin Roiland game speaks to me. Big fan of his humour so I'm down for some weirdness.
  • Beat Sabre makes me want a VR even more.
  • Death Stranding looks bonkers in a good way. Good to finally see some semblance of gameplay and I'm definitely all in.
  • And Spider-Man! I'm so glad its going the Arkham route of having a bunch of villains and I'm so excited for the inevitable boss fights.

Surprised and a little disappointed we got nothing from Bluepoint, Gearbox or Rocksteady but overall a good show.

Ubisoft has probably been my favourite conference so far just because it was the most E3 thing so far. Sony and Microsoft are jostling for second place, I preferred the games don't had on offer but that pacing was all over the shop whereas Microsoft were incredibly tight this year but honestly, no one has knocked it out of the park just yet.

Nintendo has it all to play for. Give me a Smash roster, Mario Maker, Killer Queen, Fallout 3 and some more Metroid news and I'll die happy.

That's how I feel. Which makes me sad. I want to love it. 

1 minute ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

So are any of these scenarios even remtyotely realistic to any of you? Don't get me wrong I am way excited for Mario Party but like camping and at the coffee shop or whatever? That's just silly

Not a chance, but I'll take a bit of Mario Party at home.