Dakota Kai
EC3
Hanson
Lacey Evans
Lio Rush
Mike Kanellis
Ricochet
Rowe

So Ciampa isn't in the game at all? That's hilarious. 

7 minutes ago, DFF said:

So Ciampa isn't in the game at all? That's hilarious. 

There are three DLC packs, right? 2K could realize their fuckery and put him in another pack?

7 hours ago, Busch Luck Fale said:

DLC Announced:

Bobby Lashley
Candice LeRae
Dakota Kai
EC3
Hanson
Lacey Evans
Lio Rush
Mike Kanellis
Ricochet
Rowe

Also Maria Kanellis.

It's very fucking weird that they've managed to add all this lot and then taken out three people in the game last year. Kendrick, Nikki Cross and the glaring omission of Ciampa. Not quite understanding how they can put Lio Rush in and not Buddy Murphy either. Or have Tyler Bate but no Trent Seven. Just peculiar.

I’m under the assumption that Maria’s a manager only given how they announced it and because she didn’t wrestle during her very brief return before maternity, but who knows.

Trent Seven I can only assume is not in because he hadn’t signed a full-on WWE deal by cutoff.  Dunne and Bate were considered NXT talent for well over a year since they signed way back around the initial UK tourney whereas Seven was used more sporadically.  Kinda shit that Bate has the Moustache Mountain attire though, makes Seven’s absence all the more glaring.

I don’t think Lio Rush was picked because they wanted to add someone from 205 Live as he was called up way past cutoff.  I think they just wanted another NXT guy and, like Ricochet, Rush has an appeal because of the moves that could be added to the game.

1 hour ago, Busch Luck Fale said:

I’m under the assumption that Maria’s a manager only given how they announced it and because she didn’t wrestle during her very brief return before maternity, but who knows.

I'm wrong!  In a separate tweet they confirmed her as playable.  Cool for her.

I'm still not getting the game but I totally would've used their entrance theme on the game menus. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There's no way that Ciampa isn't in the game at all. That's ridiculous. He must just be a hidden character. They wouldn't keep him out of the game entirely when he was in last year, same with Nikki Cross and Kendrick.

1 minute ago, Owen said:

There's no way that Ciampa isn't in the game at all. That's ridiculous. He must just be a hidden character. They wouldn't keep him out of the game entirely when he was in last year, same with Nikki Cross and Kendrick.

Why wouldn't they? The franchise has done dumb things like this for years.

They never have "hidden" characters.

5 minutes ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

Why wouldn't they? The franchise has done dumb things like this for years.

They never have "hidden" characters.

They have had characters that they didn't announce at the roster reveal and then announced them later on Twitter.

There's also no Hall of Fame DLC which is an absolute pain because I wanted to play as the Dudley Boyz :(

At least we get EC3, Ricochet, Candice LeRae and Dakota Kai, though, I suppose... but I just don't get it. Usually the roster for WWE games is the most consistent part, and they never really remove people who are still on the roster... which is why I'm so skeptical about the absentees...

1 minute ago, Owen said:

They have had characters that they didn't announce at the roster reveal and then announced them later on Twitter.

It's Occam's Razor. They will have missed him off cos he was injured, not been able to do his mocap or face-scanning when they visited the roster to do it or something. That's probably why Kendrick and Nikki Cross aren't in either.

1 minute ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

It's Occam's Razor. They will have missed him off cos he was injured, not been able to do his mocap or face-scanning when they visited the roster to do it or something. That's probably why Kendrick and Nikki Cross aren't in either.

You act as if they were strapped to beds during their recovery, never to leave their bedroom. While injured, they could have still done mocap and all of that. Look at Tyson Kidd for example.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

That makes sense to me somewhat for Ciampa because he's changed a lot since he came back from injury, but as far as I'm aware, neither Kendrick or Cross have really changed character wise or even in the moves for them to justify being taken out. Surely they could've just used last year's models if they were really that desperate? Unless they have completely redone how it all works this year, but then that doesn't make too much sense because there are a bunch of legends that they wouldn't have been able to scan in the last year that were in previous years...

10 minutes ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

Pretty sure AOP are in the game.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

People on IGN are clinging to the hope that there are hidden characters unlockable in Towers mode, and that Ciampa, Kendrick, and Cross would be among that group.

I'm really doubting that.  They like to promote the roster.  And even if they did have hidden characters, I feel like I'd be more inclined to use new characters for that.  Like I'd sooner make you complete a Tower to unlock Pete Dunne, Mustafa Ali, and Kairi Sane than I would people who were already in the game last year.

• Like 1