WWE 2K19

Owen

37 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

”The following contest is a six MAN tag team match”

What lazy, awful shite.

So much for the Women's Revolution. I don't think they wanted to be called a man, just treated the same way.

15 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Daniel Bryan's hair really is atrocious. Why is it so shiny? As in, the light bounces off it. 

Surely this must mean they've been secretly developing 2K20 which a complete overhaul which is why this years edition seems so lazy? Right? By now they usually have those developer pieces at least in which they talk about something that has changed. This year it's just "Erm, he's a roster reveal, some ratings and a couple of entrances."

Why would they? Just using small, unrealistic figures for simplicity of argument.

At the moment, they spend $100k each year 'developing' the latest iteration of the game and it sells roughly $1m worth of copies each year, so they make $900k profit. Bad reviews and the lack of new features doesn't particularly have a massive effect on the levels of sales because like the actual WWE with TV viewers, they've pretty much hit the level of the number of people who will buy it every year regardless plus maybe 10% who buy it on a whim.

Or, they could spend $1m completely revamping the game from the ground up, new engine, new controls, new graphical and lighting models, better sound and commentary, new modes etc. etc. and create a critically acclaimed game that the reviewers are falling over themselves to praise. Wrestling is still a niche market, so they now sell £1.5m worth of games because of returning lapsed gamers.

They make $500k profit that year instead of $900k. The board and shareholders are not pleased. Someone gets fired.

I told a mate of mine that i wasn't bothering this year and he said he'd already pre-ordered the deluxe edition. Based on nothing other than it being the new WWE game.

So it'll probablhy never change because it clearly doesn't *need* to for the developers to have financial success with it. Long gone are the days when the quality of the games was the most important thing sadly.

5 hours ago, Gazz said:

Why would they? Just using small, unrealistic figures for simplicity of argument.

At the moment, they spend $100k each year 'developing' the latest iteration of the game and it sells roughly $1m worth of copies each year, so they make $900k profit. Bad reviews and the lack of new features doesn't particularly have a massive effect on the levels of sales because like the actual WWE with TV viewers, they've pretty much hit the level of the number of people who will buy it every year regardless plus maybe 10% who buy it on a whim.

Or, they could spend $1m completely revamping the game from the ground up, new engine, new controls, new graphical and lighting models, better sound and commentary, new modes etc. etc. and create a critically acclaimed game that the reviewers are falling over themselves to praise. Wrestling is still a niche market, so they now sell £1.5m worth of games because of returning lapsed gamers.

They make $500k profit that year instead of $900k. The board and shareholders are not pleased. Someone gets fired.

Look at the Switch version last year - entirely broken, no effort put in to fixing it and then just saying screw it this year. And the sad thing is that, yeah - there's not really anything to be done about it.

I can't even really sell Fire Pro on everyone - it's a great game but at some point you pretty much have to be interested in the simming aspect of everything to get full enjoyment out of it, especially as a full priced release (or close to it) on the PS4.

1 hour ago, Busch Luck Fale said:

The next roster reveal is today.  The theme is apparently "Never Say Never".

As in, I am never buying this game.

Dixie Carter finally!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Busch Luck Fale said:

The next roster reveal is today.  The theme is apparently "Never Say Never".

As in, I am never buying this game.

Well if Fred Durst can be in a WWE game, I suppose the Fray can as well.

You can never say never
While we don't know when
But time and time again
Younger now than we were before

Genius.

13 minutes ago, Busch Luck Fale said:

So it appears that Ciampa, Kendrick, and Nikki Cross have in fact been left out of the game.  I don't care if they were hurt around Mania time, that's just daft.

If they can copy models from last years game for other people, then I really don't know why they couldn't do the same for this three.

This is being lazy on a whole new level.