WWE 2K19

Owen

This is why nobody should be giving 2K a penny. 

Once again, we’re that much closer to release and nothing gameplay-wise has been announced. Nothing at all. What sort of game franchise does that? I don’t recall any. 

I’m guessing that the game will be exactly the same as 2K18 with an updated roster and new Showcase. That is lazy as fuck. 

Do they base the hair off when they scan the models? I'm not at all sure how it works but the only way this makes really any sense to me is if she didn't have her extensions in when they scanned her. Still not an excuse and it's real silly that she's got hair that short in the game when she's only ever appeared with hair that length on house shows (which isn't even considered canon)...

3 minutes ago, 9 to 5 said:

Yes, this game has a big roster and all that.....but Fire Pro will give you access to thousands and thousands of wrestlers. 

I am absolutely loving Fire Pro for so many reasons.

That said, if anyone came out with a game that looked more like WWE 2k, with the customization and understanding of wrestling that Fire Pro has, and a Universe type mode that allows you control over setting rivalries, manipulating the booking when desired and playing the matches using pre-set stories with branching paths that can be customized... fuck, that's the dream.

The graphics don't even need to be photo realistic. It could look like a sharper version of the older AKI games and it would still be phenomenal.

2K sits on that fine line where fidelity isn't an issue, so you can make a good looking character with fairly little effort compared to the voodoo that it takes to get someone who likes kinda sorta like someone if you squint in the 2K series. Something somewhere in the middle might work out at some point, but as it stands right now you can have the best tools and the best looking things available - but you're only going to get so much effort out of your community. And the 2K architecture for that is terrible.

I loaded up 2K18 the other day and played one match and it looks awful. I don’t know whether this is because I’ve been playing Uncharted (which obviously looks phenomenal) but the models don’t look as good as they could/should and I don’t think they look as good as you think that they are, if that makes sense?

https://lordsofpain.net/lana-not-happy-with-the-look-of-her-wwe-2k19-character/

WWE 2K19 revealed on Twitter what Lana’s character will look like in the upcoming game release (October 5th). Lana had some criticism over the render and took to Twitter to voice her displeasure. Lana wrote: “Who is this ?????? Never have I worn that gear or wrestled with short hair so I am very confused who this women is.”

Who is this ?????? Never have I worn that gear or wrestled with short hair so I am very confused who this women is. https://t.co/at8oKeE1JO

— CJ (Lana) Perry (@LanaWWE) September 8, 2018

When Rusev commented on his own reveal, Lana replied with more negative: “At least you actually look like how you go out to the ring”

At least you actually look like how you go out to the ring https://t.co/2MdmDdzXRZ

WWE 2K19 retweeted this side by side comparison:

#SideBySideComparison@LanaWWE

What do you guys think about her attire & hair?

Amazing job @WWEGames & @WWE2KDev✨#WWE2K19#Lana#CJPerry#LanaIsTheBest#LanaIsTheBestLanaNumber1#WWE2K19RosterRevealpic.twitter.com/KUCOzLuDOF

— WWENewEraGaming #WWE2K19 🎮(@WWENewEraGaming) September 8, 2018

Lana even commented on her character’s overall rating number (70): “Don’t worry @WWEUniverse the #LanaDay score is not low because this is actually Tonya Harding the professional figure skater making her in ring debut on the @WWEgames ! Can’t wait to see the #RavishingRussian”

Don’t worry @WWEUniverse the #LanaDay score is not low because this is actually Tonya Harding the professional figure skater making her in ring debut on the @WWEgames ! Can’t wait to see the #RavishingRussianpic.twitter.com/qY7bIUgDxk

Lana-WWE-2K19-900x480.png

14 hours ago, =BK= said:

Does she forget that she has worn that attire with short hair?

I mean she even posted this picture when she said she has never worn the gear. The face is off a tad, but I think she is going off the deep end