WWE 2K19

Owen

1 hour ago, KingofHarts_OH said:

After every SummerSlam is when they start to release information on a regular basis. This reveal is the beginning of that.

They usually start the reveal in SummerSlam week. Last year (and a few of the years prior), they started the first roster reveal on the Wednesday before SummerSlam, revealing usually about a fifth of the roster each week. So far we're a week after SummerSlam and have only seen a handful of superstar officially revealed. Definitely seems it's somewhat behind schedule this year, and the game is being released slightly earlier than in previous years as well.

also while a relatively small thing, I hope we can get updated call names for CAWs this year, so we can get use the call names for people already in the game for our created wrestlers.

4 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:

Dunne looks me but fuck me, what happened with Tyler Bate?

I attempted to find a picture of him for a side-by-side comparison, and I accidently saw his penis...

• Confused 5

3 hours ago, KingofHarts_OH said:

I attempted to find a picture of him for a side-by-side comparison, and I accidently saw his penis...

So that's why his and Moustache Mountain's regular theme is Sledgehammer by Peter Gabriel! 

Dunne and Bate were part of the roster reveal and they're doing it by country based on this tweet.  There was a pic earlier with The Bar filming for the roster reveal and they each had their flag in front of them.

Seems odd to me that they wouldn't have announced Trent Seven along with these two.  Would be quite shit if he's not in considering they gave Bate his Moustache Mountain jacket.

The whole series is in dire need of an overhaul. I was hoping that it would happen when 2K took over the series, but it really hasn’t. 

The gameplay for me is slow and clunky, the animations are often awful. I’m no game developer or anything, but I really think they need to somehow implement more of a rag doll feel to things, so that everything doesn’t look the same. 

Another thing that needs fixing is the audio, it’s plain awful. The entire thing still feels last gen apart from the lighting. 

Either that, or release some more arcady sorts of games alongside it like All-Stars, as I enjoyed the hell out of that. Again, I was optimistic that it was the beginning of a new franchise as they had so much to build off of it but it never happened.

• Like 2

2k have changed barely anything since they took over.  It’s functionally been the same game for at least a dozen years.

If they had two years to create a new game, maybe they’d do well with it.  But they don’t.  They have to put out a new game every year, and with that cycle it doesn’t leave much room for change.

It is like this with nearly every annual sports title, small changes here and there but never a full blown revamp.  Even MLB The Show which I love has long been at the point where you’re paying for a fresh coat of paint and a roster update every year.

• Like 1

Well, we talk about 2k, but it's still been Yuke's handling the development since the very beginning of the Smackdown franchise. I think a lot of people wanted a new developer when 2k bought the rights to the series, but that didn't happen. As far as 2k is concerned, the series maintains fairly similar sales figures each year, so I can't imagine the company is particularly bothered about enforcing sweeping changes. If anything, it's more focused on trying to cram its microtransaction rubbish into the games, much like it did with the NBA 2k series.

• Like 1

That's why I'm so glad for Fire Pro World, warts and all. They'll never pull "UNLOCK PINS FOR 9.99 NOW" on us.