WWE 2K19

Owen

1 hour ago, Meacxico said:

Nobody’s judging, dude. You want to see some guy’s penis, you go see that penis.

It's the risk you take when you Google men from the Black Country such as myself and Tyler. Go on, try it. 😙

23 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

Well, we talk about 2k, but it's still been Yuke's handling the development since the very beginning of the Smackdown franchise. I think a lot of people wanted a new developer when 2k bought the rights to the series, but that didn't happen. As far as 2k is concerned, the series maintains fairly similar sales figures each year, so I can't imagine the company is particularly bothered about enforcing sweeping changes. If anything, it's more focused on trying to cram its microtransaction rubbish into the games, much like it did with the NBA 2k series.

Speaking of NBA 2K, I wish they just hand the WWE2K series over to Visual Concepts to develop entirely. They added an unheard of amount of depth in to NBA 2K's franchise mode the past few years, if WWE2K got even half as much attention people would be ecstatic, and we'd probably have a badass game on our hands.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Speaking of NBA 2K, I wish they just hand the WWE2K series over to Visual Concepts to develop entirely. They added an unheard of amount of depth in to NBA 2K's franchise mode the past few years, if WWE2K got even half as much attention people would be ecstatic, and we'd probably have a badass game on our hands.

I think that's what a lot of people expected to happen when 2k purchased the WWE licence. Ultimately, it seems they decided that they could sustain a reliable income with a minimal amount of effort, and so the series continues to retain its shortcomings over several entries.

Though I'm having fun playing WWE 2K18 right now, I really can't believe how many things they have taken out of this series over the years. Remember that awesome create your own storyline feature they used to have? You could download storylines people had created, or make your own. I think Zero on the board even won something from his Zack Ryder/US Title storyline. Then there's the Showcase stuff they used to have with different big matches that you could play through to unlock certain people. There's no Career mode of any sorts anymore that doesn't involve making a CAW. Even something like No Mercy's set up is sorely needed. Basically all we have now is a Broken Universe mode, VC that takes forever to earn to unlock the whole roster, and cash grab DLC. It's kind of sad.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, iDOL said:

Though I'm having fun playing WWE 2K18 right now, I really can't believe how many things they have taken out of this series over the years. Remember that awesome create your own storyline feature they used to have? You could download storylines people had created, or make your own. I think Zero on the board even won something from his Zack Ryder/US Title storyline. Then there's the Showcase stuff they used to have with different big matches that you could play through to unlock certain people. There's no Career mode of any sorts anymore that doesn't involve making a CAW. Even something like No Mercy's set up is sorely needed. Basically all we have now is a Broken Universe mode, VC that takes forever to earn to unlock the whole roster, and cash grab DLC. It's kind of sad.

I had a storyline where Michael Cole won a venereal disease from a spin of the Raw Roulette wheel.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, iDOL said:

The most enduring memories I have of any of these games are based around the season/career/story modes. Smackdown 2's mode, ridiculous load times and all, entertained me for months, and the branching story paths of Shut Your Mouth and Here Comes The Pain successfully built upon that foundation. I even liked Just Bring It's series of very short stories. My interest steadily waned as they brought in voice acting because it greatly restricted the capacity for branching paths and customisation, but even that looks great compared to the grindathon they put out now.

• Like 2

I must’ve played Here Comes the Pain’s story mode over a dozen times.  Yes you go through many of the same overarching stories every time, but you could still make different choices throughout and the characters used in the stories would change depending on how many superstar points were accrued over the seasons.

3 minutes ago, Busch Luck Fale said:

I must’ve played Here Comes the Pain’s story mode over a dozen times.  Yes you go through many of the same overarching stories every time, but you could still make different choices throughout and the characters used in the stories would change depending on how many superstar points were accrued over the seasons.

Yep, I sunk untold hours into the Season Mode playing as loads of different guys. The thing is, you could play through an entire calendar year and then at the end, whomever the champions were after WrestleMania you could take forward into a new save, do your own shake-up of the rosters and go again. So it was easy to play through years as if they were consecutive, even with some repeating storylines.

That game was the pinnacle of the series for me, even if there were a few very good additions after that too.

I think I liked the SYM season mode better. It felt like there were more stories available.

• Like 1

I don't really understand the point of roster reveals, it would be like FIFA announcing that Ronaldo will be in the game.

• Like 5