WWE 2K19

Owen

17 minutes ago, Apsham said:

...huh yeah, wait what?

Yep, you read correctly. No Cactus, no Dude, no Mankind. Nothing.

Not sure if it’s related to his legends contract, as from what I understand the reason RVD isn’t in it is because his expired. Although I assume Foley’s isn’t as he’s appearing on WWE TV but I could be wrong.

I could see them having a DLC roster headlined by Ciampa, Ricochet, Nikki and Foley tbh. 

6 hours ago, DFF said:

I could see them having a DLC roster headlined by Ciampa, Ricochet, Nikki and Foley tbh. 

That will be even more mystifying to be honest.

Hey, pay us extra to get three characters that were in the full game last year and get a shiny new Ricochet.

If Ciampa is announced as DLC, surely people won’t pay for it? 

• Like 3

Yeah, the idea that Ciampa might not be in the main game because he asked not to be in it for heel heat seems a little far-fetched but also a theory that I'd also kinda buy, but with Nikki Cross also not being the game, that doesn't make much sense. They're probably going to do some bullshit DLC pack with Ciampa, Nikki and the faces of Foley and be like "ooooh!!! it's the cooky character-themed DLC pack!!! aren't these some great additions!!" or some shit.

• Sad 1

Y'all gotta go back to PS2 games to realise how inaccurate saying that this looks like PS2 graphics is. The house at the start looks like PS2 but god damn I think the rest of the trailer makes it look pretty damn good.

Also, we get god damn King Booker again, Mae Young Classic arena, (by the looks of it) women's rumbles, mid-2000s HBK, and entrances with MITB briefcase as well as possibly customisable briefcases as well. Dammit, I'm drawn in. I didn't want to be after they left out Ciampa, Cross and Kendrick for no reason (as well as no RVD :(), but I am, god dammit. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Owen said:

Y'all gotta go back to PS2 games to realise how inaccurate saying that this looks like PS2 graphics is. The house at the start looks like PS2 but god damn I think the rest of the trailer makes it look pretty damn good.

Also, we get god damn King Booker again, Mae Young Classic arena, (by the looks of it) women's rumbles, mid-2000s HBK, and entrances with MITB briefcase as well as possibly customisable briefcases as well. Dammit, I'm drawn in. I didn't want to be after they left out Ciampa, Cross and Kendrick for no reason (as well as no RVD :(), but I am, god dammit. 

Don’t forget no Mick Foley... 

24 minutes ago, Owen said:

In terms of substance though, why does this stuff draw you in? Cos it is what gets people to buy every year, but realistically all those things you listed are small, largely cosmetic things that will only make you go "yeah, this is cool" for a short period of time.

3-4 weeks after buying the game will you still be dead chuffed with the fact there's an MYC arena? Or that King Booker is in the game? Or that you can make a briefcase have a different logo on and be purple?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

In terms of substance though, why does this stuff draw you in? Cos it is what gets people to buy every year, but realistically all those things you listed are small, largely cosmetic things that will only make you go "yeah, this is cool" for a short period of time.

3-4 weeks after buying the game will you still be dead chuffed with the fact there's an MYC arena? Or that King Booker is in the game? Or that you can make a briefcase have a different logo on and be purple?

tbf, whenever I get the game I only end up playing it for like a month anyway. I just like my video games to have goofy shit in it, and I think stuff like towers mode will actually keep me playing this game more than anything in 2K18 did. It's low on substance but shit like that keeps me playing. If we get some wacky story mode with zombie Triple H then that sounds awesome and I'd probably spend time on that, too. Didn't bother with My Career in 2K18 at all as it just seemed dull to me, but cartoony nonsense is my jam.

29 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Don’t forget no Mick Foley... 

... right :(

Literally the only mode that this game needs for me to be interested is Universe... except, it needs to have an option to start fresh, instead of with the whole WWE schedule laid out... and it needs to be able to work without running into issues of repeating the same thing week after week, or forgetting what rivalries are being run... and there should be pre-set storylines that you can choose from, or that trigger based on what's happening... a way to make your own storylines, using pre-set angles, match set-ups and more, all of which include branches for each possible outcome in the game... a way to turn off the ring announcer, so that I don't have to listen to the horribly wrong names of created wrestlers... better customization in general... better optimization of the storage space on the PS4/XB1, allowing for more than 100 created wrestlers/alternate attires...

They can cut Career Mode, Showcase Mode and all the online towers crap. I just want a wrestling game that is basically TEW, but I get to play the matches out. If Universe seems to be better this year, I may pick the game up at some point, discounted... but if it's the same old mode, with the same old problems, I've already got 2k18 if I get the itch, but Fire Pro should keep me plenty busy.

I don't get that this needs to be enjoyable for years down the line for the $60 price tag. I'm enjoying Fire Pro right now but honestly I'm already getting burnt out because it's so limited. Most games I play for a few weeks to a month anyway. We loved and praised God Of War unanimously but once I beat it I can't honestly say I'm planning on going back. With this, personally I can't see myself dedicating a lot of time right away with Assassins Creed aaaaaaand Red Dead both coming out too. But it's a WWE game, and I love WWE and their games and have never felt like I didn't get mut money's worth.