Greatest/most talented sportsperson you've ever watched?

Liam

I'm gonna go a completely different direction.  There was this dude that I went to elementary/high school with.  He was this insanely good runner that would win literally every running event at any track and field event.  Then towards the end of elementary school this other kid would be able to just barely beat him in every race but would collapse and vomit as soon as he crossed the finished line.  I got to give it up the the puke guy for pushing himself to that point on a regular basis.  I think it destroyed the other duded confidence though and he became a huge drug addict.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Checked the squad for that game and N'Gog replaced The Cog!

I mean, Xabi Alonso and Steven Gerrard also played in that game but can they match up to the highs that N'Gog has reached? He's just moved to Hungary!

8 hours ago, MDK said:

Jonah Lomu. The first true rugby superstar. Built like a tank and could do the 100m in near Olympic times. Just unstoppable. I still remember the Underwoods hanging off him in the World Cup in '95 I think. That was back when I used to watch a lot of rugby.

Watching him just run right through people was something memorable. It's a real shame what happened to him later on.

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Ayrton Senna in motor racing.

Senna and Schumacher were definite stand-outs. Both also used questionable tactics at times.

Still, for Senna, this lap at Donington in 1993 was sensational:

The Williams cars at the time were generally lapping at over a second a lap faster than Senna's McLaren, and yet Senna still reeled them in with a series of skilled overtakes in the rain.

• Like 1

Cristiano Ronaldo and Paul Scholes are two of the best players I've had the privilege of seeing live, the stuff Ronaldo was doing in his last season before joining Real Madrid was amazing.

Paul Scholes like has already been mentioned was the best central midfielder I've seen live, his work on the ball and his passes were amazing.