AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

8467977729_e3a91f0fd6_o.gif

Acting!

This was entertaining... I caught that during the episode too!

I am trying to hold it in since you guys usually need a few month to realize i am actually right. >_>

This was probably the worst episode since the Season one finally. The Woodbury extras made me feel like i am watching the Dungon of Doom.

4a5V9DO.gif

http://www.pewpewpew.de/2013/02/12/the-horrible-extras-of-the-walking-dead/

Also check back on the part were Andrea is holding her big speech. The extras are Hilarius.

In positive news, look at this brilliant animated gif made by a fan.

qEQ5FaS.gif

• Like 1

I really thought that they were setting Axel up to be a murderer, like Thomas was in the books - and then have him kill either Beth or Carol. Wrong about that, though.

Truthfully, I don't care that Axel died either. I really dug the comic version of Axel, but TV!Axel was just.. boring, I guess? I don't know. It was a pretty sudden death though.

Interesting to see Merle back in the fold at the prison.

EDIT: Oh! I forgot, but apparently Tyreese's group moved out of the prison. That.. really wasn't conveyed that well at all last week, but it's been confirmed by AMC.

I knew Daryl would save Rick as soon as Rick got pinned but I didn't expect Merle to still be tagging along.

See, this is the episode that should have been aired last week. This is how you bring a show back hot.

Axel being shot was SUCH a huge shock. I didn't see anything like that coming at all....just, the whole raid thing, holy crap. Everything has gone to hell, Rick is more or less crazy, and the group that would have helped is gone. Just, holy fuck!

Great episode, loved everything about it.

All I can say is from the carol and axel conversation to the end of the episode... my friends anhd I sat there jaw dropped and on the edge of the sofa for the entire time. That was a wicked sequence and absolutely has me excited about next week.

I'm very curious about...

Who drove the truck with the walkers in it? I think my immediate thought was ANDREA! But then I remembered she had no idea where The Governor had gone, and if the sneak peak for next week showed anything is that she didn't know ir didn't approve of the attack on the prison. I think there's a slight chance that it may be Karen, the female guard at Woodsbury (she could have easily left after talking with Andrea). Could be a way to make Rick's crew think it was Andrea, and therefore not welcome her bacl with open arms when she does return.

Another possibility (very much out there, but possible, is that it's Tasha (Tyrese's sister), if they found their way to Woodsbury and clearly would be open to going after revenge.

Speaking of which, no Tyrese in the episode or even a mention of him? And Maggie, wtf? She was freaking for no real reason this week, Glenn was trying to be supportive....

But yea, great epsiode all in all.

That was probably the best episode of the season so far in my opinion. Was not expecting the last 15 minutes to happen whatsoever. I didn't even pay any mind to the Governor being gone. I just expected them to show him looking out or something like that. Daryl and Merle is a good dynamic and I really want to see more and more interaction between the two of them.

I have a feeling that this isn't the last we will see of Tyreese and his group. I'm pretty sure they'll be back. Either before the end of the season or the start of the next. Tyreese is too awesome a character to just write him off now.

Also, that ending was great.

It makes me want to go out and just shoot a machine gun into the air and yell.

They wouldn't cast Chad Coleman as Tyreese and have him go away forever.

That.

I feel that there are two more important, and pressing dynamics to work first. Andrea, and the Merle issue. For the core group these things need to be fleshed out as the prison/Governor portion of the story gets resolved. Going forward Tyreese and his group are the next big undertaking

Is there anyone else disappointed in this show now? The first season opened dramatically, had Darabont's visual style, it looked big. I've only read a handful of the comics, so it's nothing to do with that. I just feel like from the second season onward has been a let down to some degree. Second season was nothing but whining, and the third season isn't much better in my opinion.

It's almost like I can feel the bad writing, I mean for a zombie television show that's also character driven and a drama, you expect some of that and a little B-movie cheese, but sometimes it's almost unbearable, ironic or not.

I think keeping Shane alive and writing him into Woodbury with the Governor and Andrea would have been far more interesting, especially with the baby and Lori dying and everything. I had a lot of high hopes for the show and it's not really coming off how I expected it. It's all new to me at this point though since I haven't made it to after the prison in the comics.

Oh I'm definitely a fan, I'll still watch. It was just one of those things I remember being excited about for the people involved and the second season fell a little flat for me. The actors are top notch and whatnot, I enjoy their performances, and obviously the way AMC handled the show was bogus to me. I just feel like the writers could do more for the characters, some things don't work for me, but that's me I guess.