EWB's Top 30 Movies of 2013: THE RESULTS

GoGo Yubari

Also, he can't pronounce Smaug properly.

I can see how one might get "SMAH-oog" from it, and sometimes it sounds like that, but usually it's just "smowg" with a diphthong like "cloud," which is kinda the same thing but sounds significantly sillier.

This has been Sousa, taking advantage of any opportunity to use the word "diphthong."

• Like 5

The Hobbit 2 sucked and Anchorman 2 wasn't much better itself. Those are my overrated movies of the year along with Man of Steel ... which I wonder makes this list? I hope not.

Anyway though, guys, watch The Act of Killing. It is amazing. Fruitvale Station is great. Before Midnight I imagine would be just about perfect had I of realised it was the third film in a serious and watched the first two.

Glad to see Before Midnight make the list, though I feel I may rage when I see some of the 15 allegedly better films :shifty:

I think Anchorman 2 had a good idea (satirizing the way the 24 hour news cycle has ruined the news) and great scenes here and there but good god it's like 40 minutes too long and succumbs to Breakout Character Disease with Brick. Anyway, moving on.

IronMan3_zps56581b47.png

15. Iron Man 3 (34 points, appeared on seven ballots)

Rush_zps4de6e108.png

14. Rush (37 points, appeared on five ballots)

Thor2_zpse44be56b.png

13. Thor: The Dark World (37 points, appeared on seven ballots)

HungerGames2_zps937ac16a.png

12. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (39 points, appeared on seven ballots)

ThisIsTheEnd_zpsf1ddc395.png

11. This Is The End (40 points, appeared on six ballots)

Next Time, on EWB's Top 30 Movies of 2013: I remember sitting up there, blood on my knuckles, beer down my shirt, sick on my shoes and seeing the orange glow of a new dawn break and knowing in my heart life would never feel this good again. And you know what? It never did.

Nice set of really fun movies there. Iron Man 3 & Rush were pretty good, Thor was cool for the chemistry between the leads, but the story was lacking for me. And I thought This Is The End was hilarious, really dug it. Oh, and Catching Fire has to be the most pleasantly surprised I've been at any film all year. Didn't expect it to be so good.

• Like 1