TEW20 Real World Update: July 2020

1 hour ago, TheWho87 said:

Also check through the product requirements, that may help get your numbers up, aiming for the targets required by the product. The key thing for WWE would be storylines, you need to have them for all you top matches, that's why I've put the show requirements low to allow you to get them going before getting booted off TV, just checking you need to hit a minimum of a 50 rated show for broadcasters to be happy, which from feedback from someone who played WWE for a couple months was an achievable challenge for them, I could drop it down to 40 though.

Although there is the other "quick fix" of just boosting pop, I do admit I rate pop low and for some they like the realistic challenge from that, for others things like running WWE can be hard, which I can agree with, the thing is WWE can pull steady numbers but I'd argue it's mostly from the fact their talent is on 3 levels, the main talent, the ones you forget are there and then the homogeneous lump of everyone else in this middle ground.

The thing is that I think from a realistic standpoint as to where the WWE is, you've actually got it right. I just think the game is a bit more harsh than it should be. Also the storyline thing is probably part of the issue. I don't know if it would help to include starting storylines with a determined Heat Level or not. As long as they don't actually kick me off before I have a chance to build the stories up then we'll be good. I just know that past iterations, it didn't take more than a couple of shows before they booted you off. I'm going to book NXT and Smackdown over the next week or so and we'll see where it goes from there. 

I admit that due to storylines and such, I didn't really include all my big players either.

Overall my show got a 31 with 3 segments being in single digits. Admittedly 2 of them were squash matches against "local competitors" so they are expected to be low but a Kairi Sane/Asuka video package was rated a 9. I feel like that's a bit harsh.The squash matches got a 5 and a 4 respectively. My highest segment was a 48, which was an interview segment with the #2 rated interview in the company (Triple H)

Again, part of it may definitely be me but it seems incredibly harsh.

6 hours ago, Forky said:

Overall my show got a 31 with 3 segments being in single digits. Admittedly 2 of them were squash matches against "local competitors" so they are expected to be low but a Kairi Sane/Asuka video package was rated a 9. I feel like that's a bit harsh.The squash matches got a 5 and a 4 respectively. My highest segment was a 48, which was an interview segment with the #2 rated interview in the company (Triple H)

Again, part of it may definitely be me but it seems incredibly harsh.

Have you checked the dirt sheet or whatever it's called in TEW 20 to see what the segments are being penalized for?

I know that when the game first launched, there were a lot of complaints about low segment ratings even with the CVerse data, and a lot of that was because of the penalties. It's important to note that the angles now are harder than ever because the default angles rate the segments on things that will make them flop. For instance, you should always have at least one person rated on an "active trait" like mic skills, charisma or entertainment.

I made the switch to just using the freestyle angles and playing around with what I rate things on, and it seems to have worked quite well for me. Even in TheWho's mods, I've been able to get comparable numbers as insignificant sized promotions, and I would expect that just comes down to me learning how best to rate angles and what to do with my matches based on the company product requirements.

Few NXT things:

Spoiler

Robert Stone is Aliyah's manager
Candice LeRae is a heel
Adrian Severe should be under the name Fabian Aichner
Jack Gallagher was fired
Mercedes Martinez seemed more like a heel
Add Fandango and Tyler Breeze as Breezango as a tag team (unit)
Add Chase Parker and Matt Martel as Ever-Rise as a tag team (permanent unit)
Add Fabian Aichner and Marcel Barthel as Imperium as a tag team (unit)
Add Saurav and Rinku as Indus Sher as a tag team (unit)

On 09/07/2020 at 05:37, Gabriel said:

Have you checked the dirt sheet or whatever it's called in TEW 20 to see what the segments are being penalized for?

I know that when the game first launched, there were a lot of complaints about low segment ratings even with the CVerse data, and a lot of that was because of the penalties. It's important to note that the angles now are harder than ever because the default angles rate the segments on things that will make them flop. For instance, you should always have at least one person rated on an "active trait" like mic skills, charisma or entertainment.

I made the switch to just using the freestyle angles and playing around with what I rate things on, and it seems to have worked quite well for me. Even in TheWho's mods, I've been able to get comparable numbers as insignificant sized promotions, and I would expect that just comes down to me learning how best to rate angles and what to do with my matches based on the company product requirements.

On 09/07/2020 at 05:40, RazorsEdge said:

Yeah the default angles are now unfortunately not really compatible with getting good ratings.

I don't use the default angles, I added Teh_Showtime's fixed version of the default angles that makes them work better with the new TEW system.

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=547749

Danjerhawk is now known as Mach10, Razerhawk is now known as Neowyng and together they are The.Air.Show

Nytehawk doesn't appear to be involved and one of their videos indicated they might not be wearing masks anymore.

• Like 1

Impact Spoilers

Add Eric Young to Impact as a Heel

Add Karl Anderson to Impact as a face
Add Luke Gallows to Impact as a face
Add Heath Miller to Impact as a Face
Add Alex Shelley to Impact as a Face
Add EC3 to Impact - Looks like he will be a Heel
Set Chris Sabin to Occasional Wrestler in Impact
Add Luke Gallows and Kar Anderson as a Team (Unit) with the name "The Good Brothers"
Set Motor City Machine Guns to Active Unit
Deonna Purazzo is the new Knockouts Champion
Chris Bey is the new X-Division Champion
Eddie Edwards is the new Impact World Champion

AEW Spoiler

Set Vickie Guerrero as Nyla Rose's Manager

Edited by Kanwulf

Sylverhawk should be listed as Wheeler YUTA with the below pic as it is his gimmick since leaving CHIKARA.

wheelerYUTA.jpg

Also missing from the database are recent CHIKARA wrestlers Josue Ibanez, Joshua Wells, Xavier Faraday, ZERO, The Spoiler, Donna Rama, Masked Enforcer #2. I haven't seen enough to help out with stats except to know that they're all fairly generic Wrestle Factory graduates except for Masked Enforcer #2 who is obviously quite a bit older and wouldn't surprise me is someone already known working under a mask.

EDIT: Also The Proteus Wheel's manager Professor Nicodemous is missing from the data as well but with CHIKARA done I don't know if he's going to be a thing anymore.

3 hours ago, RazorsEdge said:

Sylverhawk should be listed as Wheeler YUTA with the below pic as it is his gimmick since leaving CHIKARA.

wheelerYUTA.jpg

Also missing from the database are recent CHIKARA wrestlers Josue Ibanez, Joshua Wells, Xavier Faraday, ZERO, The Spoiler, Donna Rama, Masked Enforcer #2. I haven't seen enough to help out with stats except to know that they're all fairly generic Wrestle Factory graduates except for Masked Enforcer #2 who is obviously quite a bit older and wouldn't surprise me is someone already known working under a mask.

He's already in the mod as Jimmy Yuta, but I'll update the name and add the alter ego, as for the missing Chikara workers, the ones missing I couldn't find info on hence not adding them.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, TheWho87 said:

He's already in the mod as Jimmy Yuta, but I'll update the name and add the alter ego, as for the missing Chikara workers, the ones missing I couldn't find info on hence not adding them.

Yeah that's fair enough. Also Worker Ant II retired via his twitter earlier this month as well.

On 19/07/2020 at 16:09, Kanwulf said:

Impact Spoilers

Reveal hidden contents

Add Eric Young to Impact as a Heel

Add Karl Anderson to Impact as a face
Add Luke Gallows to Impact as a face
Add Heath Miller to Impact as a Face
Add Alex Shelley to Impact as a Face
Add EC3 to Impact - Looks like he will be a Heel
Set Chris Sabin to Occasional Wrestler in Impact
Add Luke Gallows and Kar Anderson as a Team (Unit) with the name "The Good Brothers"
Set Motor City Machine Guns to Active Unit
Deonna Purazzo is the new Knockouts Champion
Chris Bey is the new X-Division Champion
Eddie Edwards is the new Impact World Champion

AEW Spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

Set Vickie Guerrero as Nyla Rose's Manager

More details from Impacts new signings:

EC3 is fueding with Moose so set him as a Face - Unsure what gimmick to give him

Heath Miller is wrestling simply as Heath. Outsider gimmick works as he is being protrayed as a Free Agent that shouldn't be there
Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson should have Bad Ass as their gimmicks
Eric Young seems to be working a Crazy gimmick
Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin could both be Cocky Faces
Motor City Machine Guns won the Impact Tag Team titles at the most recent Impact

Brooklyn Page should be renamed to Brooklyn Creed. Change her In Ring Status to Active. Untick the Referee Role and set her Roles to Active Wrestler and Manager. She is also the wife of Logan Creed but I haven't found him in the database.

On 20/07/2020 at 09:35, TheWho87 said:

He was largely only working MLW under Jimmy Yuta if my memory serves me correctly. Hasn't wrestled there since June 2019.

OK not sure how this would be reflected but Bad Luck Fale, Chase Owens, Colt Cabana, David Finlay, El Phantasmo, Jay White,, Jon Moxley, Juice Robinson,, KENTA, Mikey Nicholls, Robbie Eagles, Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa, Tom Henare and Will Ospreay are all off of New Japan due to the current situation. I didnt list the ones doing Lions Break like Rocky,  Karl Frederick's, Clark Connors, Alex Coughlin or Ren Narita.

1 hour ago, mkpunk said:

OK not sure how this would be reflected but Bad Luck Fale, Chase Owens, Colt Cabana, David Finlay, El Phantasmo, Jay White,, Jon Moxley, Juice Robinson,, KENTA, Mikey Nicholls, Robbie Eagles, Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa, Tom Henare and Will Ospreay are all off of New Japan due to the current situation. I didnt list the ones doing Lions Break like Rocky,  Karl Frederick's, Clark Connors, Alex Coughlin or Ren Narita.

As previously stated

On 01/07/2020 at 06:15, TheWho87 said:

Call it breaking reality but I'm not putting in any blocks or time outs due to covid, if that was the case I'd have to make it so only 5 companies would be active.

I don't think Stardom should have a Face/Heel Divide.
Also Stables should be set to integral.

Mayu Iwatani (STARS), Natsuko Tora (Oedo Tai), Giulia (Donna del Mondo), Momo Watanabe (Queens Quest) and Jungle Kyona (Tokyo Cyber Squad) are the Leaders of the Stables.

Himeka joined Stardom in June as a member of Donna del Mondo.
https://www.cagematch.net/en/?id=2&nr=19742&gimmick=Himeka
From what I have seen in her first few matches, she acts very similar to Utami Hayashishita. She is also about the same size. So if you don't have her added already you could clone Utami.

Spoiler

Maika is the new Future of Stardom Champion. She defeated Saya Iida and Saya Kamitani on 17.7.20
The title was vacant since 16.2.20 when Utami Hayashishita decided to go after the main belts.

Just gone through and updated everything mentioned.

A note for Evolve, I'm going to close them down for August since everything points to WWE buying them out, the WWN alliance will still be about since that was seperate, but Ill release the roster and sign Gabe to NXT. I'll look into making DEFY active but they won't be for August.

• Lineker unfeatured and unpinned this topic